Bailey Dump Valve fitting

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

iando
1.6 8v

Bailey Dump Valve fitting

Post by iando »

Hi,wondering how easy it is to fit the above dump valve with fitting kit to my sri turbo any advice or photos would be great,model is DV24 valve.cheers
wes1001
2.0 16v
Location: Sticky out bit, right on the tip of Kent, practically in the channel !!

Post by wes1001 »

Dump valve comes off the right hand side as you look in the engine bay - black plastic - usually Bosch. I took mine off and plugged the return. Fitted an Baileys DV 26 EVO which is a twin piston one 'cos of the fuel injection (DV 24 is a single piston and only recommended for carbs) and it vents to air.

Nice new tight jubilees on the hoses and a new length of vacuum pipe and you'll notice a difference. Got a nice strong boost now on spool up. Might want to chop a 250mmx250mm of under bonnet insulation away above it to give you a louder audible whooosh on lift off 8)
iando
1.6 8v

Post by iando »

wes1001 wrote:Dump valve comes off the right hand side as you look in the engine bay - black plastic - usually Bosch. I took mine off and plugged the return. Fitted an Baileys DV 26 EVO which is a twin piston one 'cos of the fuel injection (DV 24 is a single piston and only recommended for carbs) and it vents to air.

Nice new tight jubilees on the hoses and a new length of vacuum pipe and you'll notice a difference. Got a nice strong boost now on spool up. Might want to chop a 250mmx250mm of under bonnet insulation away above it to give you a louder audible whooosh on lift off 8)
Is the dv24 not suitable cause Baileys site recommend it for turbo 8v and the fitting kit not the dv26 :?
wes1001
2.0 16v
Location: Sticky out bit, right on the tip of Kent, practically in the channel !!

Post by wes1001 »

Fitting kit will be fine but the ECU won't like the 24 because it's fuel injected and will give you a lumpy erratic idle and pick up, if your running the 2.0 petrol turbo 8v then you need the 26 :|

You may be able to use the 24 if you have already bought it but Niz could give you the in's and out's on exactly why it may not work right - give him a PM ?. 8)