Screechy brakes and 1 other thing

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

tux2006
2.0 16v

Screechy brakes and 1 other thing

Post by tux2006 »

arrrghhhhh

I have screechy/squeling brakes :evil: they work fine and everything I just look abit of a knob pulling up to people sounding like my mum after too many pinot grigio's (trying 2 sing) :shock:

How can I fix this? is it new brakes or can I use copper grease or something? the pads and discs look fine and it only makes the noise at a certain point and when braking at a certain speed but its driving me mad!! plz help :frown:

And also 1 other thing which I know is common but is there a way of sorting out the whining noise coming from the car when cornering at very low speeds like round car parks?
Last edited by tux2006 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

I just had my front brakes replaced and they squeal as well, which is annoying. But it seems to be getting better as they wear in.

And I also get this noise when cornering, but to me it just sounds like tyre noise...
mbell666
3.0 24v

Post by mbell666 »

I would put some copper slip on the front pads. Try not to jet wash them after, it tends to wash the copper slip off :(.

The rear (if disc's) should have anti sueal pads. if you've had new pads they might not have been re-fitted. I changed my pads a few weeks ago and couldn't fit the anti squeal pads back because there wasn't enough room for brake and anti squeal pads!

Mine only seam to squeal when i am going backwards. May get some new anti squeal pads when my brakes are a little more warn.
1997 Honda Prelude 2.2 VTi
Previously - 1999 406 Executive HDI