Core plugs...Or Head gasket!!??

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bigcol
1.8 16v

Core plugs...Or Head gasket!!??

Post by Bigcol »

Hi guys, I serviced my S reg 406 on saturday and while checking the new oil filter for leaks with the engine running, i noticed a pink fluid dribbling down the block just to the right of the oil filter housing. I had a HG compression and chemical test done on friday, and they both came back fine.... What could i be looking at here?? Core plugs? The fluid looks pink, but feels like it has an oily viscosity. PAS fluid?? My brain hurts!! :?
Thanks in advance.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Core plugs...Or Head gasket!!??

Post by steve_earwig »

Could be PAS fluid. Unless you're running on red diesel...
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Bigcol
1.8 16v

Post by Bigcol »

I know the garage that did the comp test on the HG used pink coolant to top it up. I'm not using red diesel, and the exp tank level is fine and has been for a few days. I just went out and started her up and checked it again...and its not doing it now. It seems like its coming from the middle two core plugs but theres too much other stuff in the way for me to see clearly. I can see the HG and it doesnt seem to be coming from there. Theres no PAS pump in that area of the engine bay though...
Mike84
1.8 16v

Post by Mike84 »

I had the core plugs go during the Arctic weather in November. The coolant basically poured out, it wasn't a slow leak at all. It emptied the coolant in a couple of minutes or so.