wobbly Speedo needle

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

xplosiv
2.0 Turbo

wobbly Speedo needle

Post by xplosiv »

Hi,

I have what can only be described as a wobbly Speedo needle, i only notice it at say 70, when you can clearly see the Speedo needle moving backwards and forwards (say i drive at constant speed of 70mph the needle will wobble between (68 & 73)

Do i need to pay a visit to the scrap yard and find a new instrument panel?

I was considering taking the instrument panel out and had having a look at fixing it myself (what i really mean here is break it some more and but it back)

ANY IDEAS?

Glad it is not as bad as my 309, could just imagine being stopped buy the police "what speed where you doing sir?" "erm some where between 20 and 50"

Andy

NB; Buying second hand cars, takes a few weeks to do all those things the previous owner could not be arsed doing as he/she was selling it, I wonder why it is always the expensive ones

Andy

CAR info: -

D9 (1999)
HDi 2.0
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: wobbly Speedo needle

Post by Welly »

xplosiv wrote: Buying second hand cars, takes a few weeks to do all those things the previous owner could not be arsed doing as he/she was selling it, I wonder why it is always the expensive ones
hehe....aint that right.

I've had a pretty few over the years and there has always been 'stuff' that needs doing, not so you'd notice when you first choose the car, but always a few weeks later. At least cars don't rust anymore, that used to be the favourite second hand trick....a bit of newspaper, some filler, a rattle can spray, those were the days :shock:

The problem now of course is that cars are so advanced that there is so many more things to potentially fail :(

And I don't know whats up with your speedo :? sometimes your better leaving it alone, sometimes Peugeots fix themselves :lol:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
xplosiv
2.0 Turbo

Post by xplosiv »

Hi,

i read some where about a transducor or something under the glove box, is this correct?

andy