Is Miss Pug dying?

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Is Miss Pug dying?

Post by steve_earwig »

Pfft, after snipping and uploading all that I find Haynes (which I looked up because I couldn't understand that torque setting) is the same. Apart from the torque setting. Balls, have it anyway. I finally thought I'd found something useful on the repair procedures :frown:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

Sonia406 wrote:
lozz wrote:Yeah I agree .. it will be just the gasket that's fubard.
Iwouidnt worry to much..

I'd use a rag wrapped round a screw driver to soak up the oil to save it going into
The pots ..
I do hope you are all right, She can't die, she can't go!!
A friend of mine said it would be signs of a head gasket going, but there are no signs whatsoever, temperature does not raise over 90, there is no mayonaise anywhere and she doesn't drink water....

I say there's no mayo, she had a bit of it after she'd been stood for a year but now with constant use she's perfect... just spewing out oil like there's no tomorrow......

Picking up the gaskets tomorrow... deciding if I am going to have a crack at it or pass it over to a new mechanic friend....
That said, my new mechanic friend also suggested it may be the rocker cover itself, he seems to think I will have a plastic one and they snap real easy....

Injured my back earlier carrying a wardrobe upstairs by myself so I am on strictly light duties for a while... :oops:
The poxhall Ecotec ones were plastic, and they warped. When I had my Redtop in me Manta, that was metal, but for the ecotec, they changed to plastic. Think it cost me £140 for the bloody thing.
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

If you think there's a problem with the rocker cover itself
You couid use something like Granville gasket maker, it comes in a neat little gun and is very tidy
Stuff to use.
Once that stuffs on -itl never leak its strong stuff. :idea: