Throttle does not respond at all (only sometimes)

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

D4B
2.0 16v

Re: Throttle does not respond at all (only sometimes)

Post by D4B »

Quick update,

ended up calling on the services of a local Peugeot Citroen mobile technician.... he uses a different diagnostic kit, and that
also pointed to the diesel pressure sensor. So a bosch part was bought and fitted by him, and so far so good (touch wood).

He was here for approx 3 hours in all cost me £170 ish inc the part which was £100 ish.

Hope it's sorted, will let you know!

Thanks for all your advice.

Steve
My other Peugeot was a D4B
D4B
2.0 16v

Post by D4B »

Well, another month has passed, and I am pleased to report, this problem now seems to be cured.

Many thanks for all the help and advice.

So to summarize, it was the DIESEL PRESSURE SENSOR.

8)
My other Peugeot was a D4B
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

It usually is :wink: pleased you got it sorted.

Peter
Wayne58

Post by Wayne58 »

Hi I have a 406HDI with similar issue, no fix as yet but am hopefully someone will have solved it. I started having lack of power issues and replaced some of the vacuum hoses that controlled the turbo. Seemed to fix, then noticed the idle RPM started to increase over a week or so idle was about 1400. Then total loss of throttle response, checked the cable it was fine and was turning the wheel on the TPS. replaced the TPS (not easy to find in Australia) it did not fix the gault. The car has been sitting for sometime I started it up and left it to charge battery and keep run AC to keep seals ECT wet, the engine was idling at 1400 after about 10 minutes it started revving about 3000 and would not turn off! I was about to put it into gear to stall it and as I put my foot on the brake it shut down with a big STOP on the instrument display.
Started it up again went to 3100 rpm and as before wouldn't turn off. I am now lost for what next, maybe an ECU to
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Do you have any water under the drivers side carpet? It must rain sometimes in Australia.

Peter
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

I agree with Peter and suggest to look for water ingress in the driver's footwell and boot cubby hole by the CD changer

I wouldn't choose to swap the ECU as it's paired to the BSI which is more bother than it's worth ( unless it's a last resort )
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.