Crankshaft pulley

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

bmwbiker92

Crankshaft pulley

Post by bmwbiker92 »

Hi can anyone advise what is a decent make of replacement crankshaft pulley.
The local dealer wants £88.00 for the pulley, I have been quoted £130.00 including fitting by an independent Peugeot /Citroen garage.
So I am wondering if the fitted price is right or if they will be using a cheap pulley to get the margin.
Any advise on makes to avoid would be great.
Thanks Cliff
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: Crankshaft pulley

Post by PeterN »

You don't say which engine it is but there are a load of cheap ones on here. I usually get my parts from ebay and have not had a problem apart from the very cheap drop links.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... y&_sacat=0

Peter
Howard

Post by Howard »

My local independent just did mine for £76 fitted
auldy
1.8 8v

Post by auldy »

On that note. I bought a cheap crankshaft pulley for my HDI 2.0. Fitted it over Christmas and two weeks later there was a new rattle... The bonding of the rubber was not up to spec and the outer ring had come away from the inner - rattling and spinning about chewing on the cam belt casing.

I paid £19.99 including postage from an eBay seller in the UK. I guess that was a bit too cheap.

For reference I'd avoid BERLT "Genuine parts" part number PDP0598 - it's in a black box with blue and white text...

Changing the pulley was a pest the first time round and then incredibly irritating to do again two weeks later :oops:
Saloon 52 plate Pug 406 HDI GLX, silver - the same colour as everyone else...
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

A word of warning for anyone thinking of fitting a el cheepo pulley, failure can take out the cambelt & scrap the engine :roll: Not good.
You can get a quality one from G.S.F or Perrys peugeot are selling genuine one's on feabay for a good price.
As regards to fitting price a good local indy should do it for one hours labour maybe less.

I did mine myself when I changed my cambelt / oilseal & waterpump :cheesy: saving myself about £250 in total & worry free motoring for five years 8)
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
Malc
2.0 16v

Post by Malc »

Sound advice. I paid Euros 85 here in France put it altogether with the usual brute force/ignorance and torque-wrench/extension bar then took it to my Indy (note capitals) who gave it that final tweak with his impact wrench for free.