Clutch fixed

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

shonkers
1.8 16v

Clutch fixed

Post by shonkers »

Hi guys just letting you know the clutch is fixed i had to get new hydraulic master/slave set up which was luk one £130 off fleabay, i cud hav put 2nd hand one in for £43 but how long would that have lasted, now i'm back on the road i have noticed a judder on take up i dont think its the clutch because everyone ive done before never had a problem, i'm suspecting the lower engine mount which i fitted with the thick rubber arms horizontally as a poor mans modified mount i'll just live with it for now. My other problem which was happening before clutch went is when starting the engine i have to give it half throttle if i dont it'll start but then conk out and then takes about 30 secs before it fires up, any thoughts
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: Clutch fixed

Post by PeterN »

Well done on the clutch, there may just be some contamination causing the judder, will quite likely wear off. Your engine problem will likely be caused by air ingress, I would change the fuel filter first.

Peter
shonkers
1.8 16v

Post by shonkers »

Well i made sure everything was clean ah well i'll see how it goes, it's probably about time i changed filter, i took off the ariel today to seal it cos water has been leaking in and fogging up screen and now the car wont start i may have blown a fuse when taking out light but surely that would'nt stop engine firing cheers
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

If the car is damp inside it could be affecting the immobiliser, leave all the doors open on a sunny day :lol: and hopefully it will dry out. That happened to my first one, I dried it out and it was OK but it got wet again which wrote it off.

Peter
shonkers
1.8 16v

Post by shonkers »

Yeh it does feel like immobiliser problem, Ive also got a leak in rear door makin carpet wet an cant fix it doh so thats not helping, ps its -1• an snow today cheers mdears
shonkers
1.8 16v

Post by shonkers »

Would you believe it the fuse had blown possibly two, no 25 had defo gone were'nt sure about no 19 but i changed it anyway, then the green light on the immobilser came back on and she fired up happy days, according to the manual those fuses control interior lights and doesnt mention the immobiliser
marius

Post by marius »

Hello,

My car is a 406 2.1 TD from 1997. I am trying to locate a spare clutch cable hydraulic system for this car. Prices here in Norway are high, som , so I wonder if you might know of webshops or outlets that sell this spare part - to be able to compare with the price in Norway ?

Yours sincerely
Marius Gjersoe
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Sincerely? You're not talking to your bank manager! Imagine you're in a bar talking to your mates over a few beers. Feel free to swear, look at girls, spill someone's drink and start a fight.

Anyway, this place that GM found lists some https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/clu ... 2-1-td-12v

They look like the sealed unit, complete with the tiny reservoir. The first one is even LHD. Sadly Pug no longer make them but they were never cheap when they did.

Bite my shiny metal ass,

Stinky McTavish
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.