air conditioning clutch

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

cliffk
2.0 16v

air conditioning clutch

Post by cliffk »

Peugeot 406 110 HDI 2003.

My air conditioning stopped working last year and when carrying out an oil change I found part of the clutch on the under tray the rivets holding it together had broken, as the pulley was intact and nothing seemed loose I left it as it was.

Recently I got another air con compressor from the breakers the idea being remove the clutch and pulley and swap it onto the original compressor while its still on the car so I dont have to mess about re gassing etc.

On the spare unit I have undone the central nut on the compressor shaft but cannot with draw the clutch or the pulley off the shaft, there are a few videos on you tube but they are different compressors to the ones I have.

Has anyone an exploded view of the compressor or any experience / ideas?

Cliff
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: air conditioning clutch

Post by steve_earwig »

No experience but it might help to know which one it is viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15634&p=151849&hilit=sanden#p151849
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
cliffk
2.0 16v

Post by cliffk »

Oh OK I didn't realise there were different ones, if I get time tomorrow I will check and post info thanks
cliffk
2.0 16v

Post by cliffk »

Might have to have a rethink on this after seeing the pics on the link given.

The compressor I got from the breakers is a Delphi unit with a grey electrical connector, I cant see the compressor on the car very well but it certainly looks like it has a yellow electrical connector which according to the pics on the link makes this a Sanden unit, so not sure if the clutch / pulley assembly are compatible.
Not sure if I can change the compressor either (with my local garage) with the connectors being different, I suppose if the wiring is the same I could graft on the yellow plug in place of the grey one.

Will have to give this more thought.