D8 V6 clutch release bearing - how to - special tool?

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

bimble7116

D8 V6 clutch release bearing - how to - special tool?

Post by bimble7116 »

Hi everyone

I'm hoping this will be seen by someone who has tackled a V6 clutch change. I've just fitted a new clutch to my D8, but need some 'how to' know-how about how to engage the clutch release bearing into the clutch cover.

I have tried using a ratchet strap and a large piece of wood for leverage to apply a pretty strong pulling force on the clutch fork, but the release-bearing snag ring is not engaging in the cover. I suspect that there's a special service tool for this job - but I can find no information about it, or how to find it?

So using improvisation, I wonder whether a sudden shock-type force with the strap and the wood is required, or a more gradual pulling force using a threaded bar and a couple of nuts to engage the snap ring?

Please can anyone share their experience or suggest someone I can contact who knows the job?
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: D8 V6 clutch release bearing - how to - special tool?

Post by Doggy »

No idea personally, but this link might help: https://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8234
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: D8 V6 clutch release bearing - how to - special tool?

Post by steve_earwig »

I was going to post that but mjb doesn't even mention it :( I guess he didn't have any problems. Haynes says buy or make special tool (ok it's for the 2.1td but it also uses the ML5T) and the only other mention I've managed to find on this here board is someone having issues until they realised the factor had sold them the wrong bearing :?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.