Drivers door lock problem

Knowledge Base Articles

Moderator: Moderators

mattyf
1.8 16v

Drivers door lock problem

Post by mattyf »

Strange door lock problem .... I’ve started to have problems with my manual door locking on the driver’s door and was wondering if anyone else had/fixed this? Problem I’m having is when I go to either unlock or lock my driver’s door using the key, the lock barrel just seems to twist :shock: , I can twist it either way without any resistances :roll: ... sometime I mean rarely I manage to unlock it using this side but rarely. As I can’t seem to re-program my plip key :oops: (early D9 T reg two button plip) it only leaves me with the passenger lock which still unlocks all doors.

Can anyone help with this? Is it going to be a new door lock, if so can I get a direct replacement from Peugeot so I don’t have to change keys or change all barrels?
adam03031980
2.0 Turbo

Re: Drivers door lock problem

Post by adam03031980 »

Could be the pins are worn in it or sticking could try WD40 im not sure how they work exactly on the D9 but i had a xantia some years ago and the door lock went on that i basically acquired "ahem" some new barrels frrom a scrappy and made my own barrell i imagine if its like citroen you have to put a complete replacement lock set on the whole car. OR could be the wrong lock how long have you had the car.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

The roundy-roundy thing is a feature - it stops anyone trying to force the wrong key. Unfortunately, as Adam says, if they're worn or stiff it'll also fail to accept the right key :? Try with the WD, if not you'll have to pull the lock out to try freeing it. The locks are available separately to match your key. Unfortunately Service Box is broke just now so I can't tell you how much.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
robb
2.0 Turbo

Post by robb »

This happened to me on Saturday I wedged the slot that covers the keyhole open with a screwdriver and sprayed copious amounts of wd 40 into the lock job sorted.And yes I always lose the little red straw that comes with the wd 40 :frown: :)
1997 406 2.0 petrol estate lx..D8.............OH dear where does this nut go?
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

I think everyone does that, WD have got the message and now sell them with the straw built-in :?

Try loosing it now :cheesy:

robb
2.0 Turbo

Post by robb »

Wow aint technology great ,bet I could manage to snap it though :cheesy:
1997 406 2.0 petrol estate lx..D8.............OH dear where does this nut go?
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Can i suggest WD40 the best thing invented since rusty bolts, or alternativley motorcycle chain oil good oil also.
mattyf
1.8 16v

Post by mattyf »

Many Thanks people ... Fixed ... if in doubt spray the WD40 .... (apart from electrics and belts) pmsl :mrgreen:
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Splendid! :cheesy: Another for the old KB I reckon.