HOWTO: Remove a roof switchpanel and fit aerial base

Knowledge Base Articles

Moderator: Moderators

mjb
Site Admin

HOWTO: Remove a roof switchpanel and fit aerial base

Post by mjb »

This is for D8 406s that have a switchpanel (where the front courtesy light lives) that isn't the one mentioned in the Haynes. Be aware that this is a pig to do and will likely end up with you smashing the fragile light so I'll give you the part number - 6362J6 which costs £8.88 from the dealer.

Basically there's 2 torx screws holding the panel up, but they're behind the courtesy light. You need to lever the light out from the side opposite the switch, however there's problems. Firstly the clip holding it in likes to bend up instead of down and secondly the lens likes to pop off. The whole thing's really flimsy.

Once that's out the way it should be pretty easy to unplug/unclip everything.

The aerial base will unscrew from outside.

You should now be able to see the aerial base loose. You need to take a small screwdriver and carefully take the casing off the base. Inside will be a loose 8mm nut. Sit the aerial base on the roof poking through the big hole, and underneath put the ring around it and then screw on the nut. It's easier to have 2 people for this. Once that's on, the cover should clip back on.
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
pugsport
2.0 16v

Re: HOWTO: Remove a roof switchpanel and fit aerial base

Post by pugsport »

Thanks for that, some Bastard snapped my ariel off the other week!
MODIFIED 1997 406 SRI; FULL ECOSSE TOURING BODY KIT;CUSTOM EXHAUST;
17"FOX ALLOYS;DUMP VALVE;
INDUCTION KIT;LOWERED 40MM.
LEXUS STYLE REAR LIGHTS;
DTM STYLE MIRRORS