No votes
I dont own a phone
No votes

Total votes: 22

waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Re: What mobile network

Post by waue1978 »

I've been on o2 unlimited for months now & the credit just keeps building where I only usually use the free calls & texts to the Mrs (also o2 unlimited). Got £80 credit. Quite amusing when some eedgit phones trying to sell me a contract & they can't match it...

One day they might all learn to stop phoning us as my list of "Amusing Things To Do To Cold Callers" keeps getting bigger by the day.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

cold callers, i asked them wheater i should get a solid flywheel converison, and said id take their contract if they changed it for me, they cant hang up, so you can keep them on the phone all day long asking about flywheels, and another great thing is to try and sell them stuff. 'hello sir, can i interest you in o2 home internet, im not sure you can, can i interest you in trailer loads of cows manure, delevered to your front door, or back depending on your choice, via a loud tractor, sir i am trying to offer you a better deal on your internet, i know but i have the internet and im offering you a better nutrient quality in your garden which in the long run is better for any plants you have, sir i am unable to buy things off customers, well i tell you what you have my number ring if you need any manure. i then hung the phone up.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

They can hang up, and they will. They can also be persistent, abusive, and rude.

One of them called my Dad, and he wasn't interested in their patter, so they told him to go to hell, and hung up.

Sure, they get paid sh*t money, and work long hours, in a very largely thankless job, but there's no need for that kind of talk.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Oh, also - I got a call at work from one of them, selling windows.

I played the part of someone who's actually interested, saying that double-glazing would be good, and do they do cavity wall insulation, solar panels. I must have kept her on the phone for a full 10 minutes. And then she asked how many windows were in my property.

"About 250", I said. "This is a converted warehouse."

*click*
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

i almost ended up with a job in a call centre once, did 1 days training hated the fact i had to work in a town, indoors in a stuffy office so that was that, but i remember one rule from training was that the customer had to hang up not you. But i enjoy a good pisstake at these people who ring. This includes putting THEM on hold, i have some very good tracks for the purpose including sounds of the rainforest, with all the birds and insects singing, gets you into a nice relaxed state until theres the sound of a shotgun and a chainsaw. It soon wakens up anyone on hold.
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Post by waue1978 »

Pah, all way too soft. One of my early favourites was to have a cd on pause, turn the volume all the way up then put the phone next to the speaker & un-pause the track.

Not only did I get a few days peace from them, but I also probably saved the next 10 callers on their list for a few minutes too.

& yes, it's a job, but it's a job for those who think that they have the gift of the gab & are too good to do manual labour for a living. Every now again I get the poor girl/guy who is doing it because they can't get another job anywhere else, but you can easily tell from their tone & lack of bullshit that they are genuine & they usually don't keep at you when you've told them you're not interested.

The ones that carry on regardless really do ask for it.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

when you need to be annoyed by bt they use locals but when you need their help you get someone on the other side of the world who cant really understand what your on about and just keeps telling you to unplug everything. And i do feel sorry for them people because they are trying to be helpful, and are very friendly if you manage to get a conversation going.
TooT
3.0 24v

Post by TooT »

T Mobile for me. been with them since they were One2one and never had a problem. I would not go to Vodaphone, some mates are with them and there coverage seems to be random at best.
2006 207 GT THP 150
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

If it's double glazing, conservatories, etc, if can be bothered, let them give me the speel, and then say it, or come out with it straight away
property is rented ( even though it isn't ) phone usually goes straight down

Anything else, just give it 20 seconds, and then say, hang on a minute, i'll be right back, and leave the phone on the side
come back about a minute later and they've hung up by then

As for phone, on Orange as when originally went on it, seemed to have good coverage and as a national courier, that was important

At mo have a Iphone 3Gs 16GB on Orange for £35 a month - 600mins, unlimited texts, and unlimited t'internet
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

02 i also remember when it was called bt cellnet , we had the little philips phones that you could put a chip inside and everytime the phone was turned on and off it reset back to £10 credit,
use to love them phones free unlimited credit

also remember t-mobile being called one2one , well think it was t-mobile
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

ah yes the philips savvy, i thought that was the best phone back in its day mainly because it had a clock and a selection of ringtones, which my motorola didnt, it just was very heavy, and very sore on its batteries.
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

My first mobile had a flick down microphone
and
NO SCREEN

Was a bit of a challenge :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

no screen wow, that would have meant a phonebook had to be carried externally. Heres my first phone:
it was a hand me down from my uncle, who had it a year, my dad had it for a few years then i got it.
they have come on a lot in the last few years.
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

Was about 15years ago though

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

but the philips was about 15 years ago also and it was better, and for such a good phone, im suprised philips arent making many mobile phones these days.