On a scale of 1 - 5 what would you rate this 406?

Polls go here.

Moderator: Moderators

What's your rating?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:43 am

1 - Really Bad
22%
2 - I wouldn't sit in it
17%
3 - It's ok, nothing special
22%
4 - I like it a lot
30%
5 - I like it so much that I want to live in it :)
9%

Total votes: 23

maglite
2.0 16v

On a scale of 1 - 5 what would you rate this 406?

Post by maglite »

mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

You wouldn't catch me anywhere near the thing unless I were rolling around in hysterics ;) That spray-on enamel interior is -vile-
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

I always have a bit of a problem with cars like this....

I can appreciate the work that's gone into it and the quality of the result - it looks the puppy's privates! I really like the seats, although they'd be a bugger to keep clean (my beige ones are hard enough work!). And I like some of the styling, although I hate some of it too :?

If I saw it in the street or at a show I'd have a damn good looksee, but I'd never do that to one myself - it's just not my cup of tea. :cheesy:

8)
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

DaiRees wrote:I can appreciate the work that's gone into it and the quality of the result
I know what you're saying here Dai. I spent half an hour on the bog last night, curling out a cumberland and I put so much effort into it that I had to get Mrs Welton up and show her the end result. I was most disappointed, and surprised, to learn that she really couldn't give a f*ck.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
maglite
2.0 16v

Post by maglite »

I like the idea of the complete colour coded trim..
TonyW
1.8 8v

Post by TonyW »

Like Dai, I appreciate the effort and that, and baring the bonnet scoop the exterior looks okay i reckon. Not mad keen on the interior, but fair play to the guy for putting in the effort and i suppose as long as we all like our own rides ..... :D
Benner
3.0 24v

Post by Benner »

Welton wrote:
DaiRees wrote:I can appreciate the work that's gone into it and the quality of the result
I know what you're saying here Dai. I spent half an hour on the bog last night, curling out a cumberland and I put so much effort into it that I had to get Mrs Welton up and show her the end result. I was most disappointed, and surprised, to learn that she really couldn't give a f*ck.
Nice one! :cheesy:
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

i totally agree, but in my opinion that looks absolute utter shite
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

What makes this froggy 406 good is not the styling, colour, or the interior but the fact the numpty did a home made turbocharging kit on a fookin auto.... I mean com'on WTF ! n00b ! :D :lol:

Nah just kidding, I first saw this 3 years ago and I thought it was great, apart from the neon rings of fire..... dude a curry will give you the same affect and look twice as good in the dark lol !

I like it.... because its original and no one else has it.... literally, its the only one of its kind! Got to love it just for that reason???
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
wes1001
2.0 16v
Location: Sticky out bit, right on the tip of Kent, practically in the channel !!

Post by wes1001 »

Yep , bit OTT for me , but can appreciate all the effort so not 2 shabby :cheesy:
mav347

Post by mav347 »

like the body kit, wouldnt mind it on my estate, not the rear tho as the tow bars in the way.
fair play to the guy for doin it, not 2 sure bout the wheel neons tho :?
peterpies

Post by peterpies »

this car should be on barry boys :lol:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I think the neon lights behind the wheels say it all - this car ain't going nowhere. I bet under the bonnet it's a 1.8 L running on 3...

I think the interior comes from the Mr Bean school of painting.