Polls go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Should I get this front bumper?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:27 pm

Go for the street fighter front bumper!
40%
Go for the oem one!
40%
Leave it busted and spend the money on something else.
No votes
I have a better idea! (Please specify)
20%

Total votes: 5

MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

Hehe well After the 1991 LA Riots are land prices dropped through the floor and my moher is from here so we moved. :)

A 406 can make it to the N?rburgring in 60 min :P
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
pug406gtx
2.0 16v

Post by pug406gtx »

Niz I'm pretty sure that any good body shop could convert a standard D9 bumper to that with a little bit of cutting and fibreglass I'm going to ask about and see what can be done 8)
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

I'm with niz

Don't go for that bumper....not only does it make the 406 in the picture look like a Mondeo wannabe, but I've seen one on a car about here, couldn't tell you what it was... heavily modded, but the bumper simply sucked. It was too low and the lower edge was all torn and split to shreds.

The idiot spen ?800 on it! LMAO
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

pug406gtx wrote:Niz I'm pretty sure that any good body shop could convert a standard D9 bumper to that with a little bit of cutting and fibreglass I'm going to ask about and see what can be done 8)
Thats correct mate, in fact I know a garage that will do any kind of bumper on any car and make it fit, all you need is a picture for them and they will make or source the bumper then create it all for you.

Or at least that's what they told me, god knows how much for though !
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

Maybe I should start a "Should I move to the UK?" Poll. lol

My main idea was to find a bumper that cleaned away the badge in the front.

I'm not worried about quality because I have seen tons of cars modded by Kustomorphose. They are pretty popular amongst 20x and 30x drivers here.

Heres a D8 with the street fighter front:

Though I don't like round foglights I also like this one (but I can't find it anymore for sale anywhere):

This one I can get with legal german T?V papers but they want 900 Euro just for the front! (and again i'm not keen for those rounded lights):
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

Why get rid of the badge?!
The silver lion is cool!

If anything, find a way to mount the new 407 style badge and surround!
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

Blue406 wrote:Why get rid of the badge?!
The silver lion is cool!

If anything, find a way to mount the new 407 style badge and surround!

I like the concept of people knowing what car I have after I pass them. :cheesy:

EWWWWWWW. You don't mean like this?:
406OC Image Support
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Now yer talking... I love the vision 407 kit for te 406... don't think I would ever do it to my car though... but it looks awesome in my opinion.

And that blue bumper looks good too, the streetfighter is just so wrong ! ! so so wrong ! ! in fact the designer needs to put his glasses on and the marketing manager needs to be fired... it looks nothink like Fast and Furious style kit.

MaDc0w if ever I give you some advice it would be this:

Look after your heart......... do something for 30 minutes of a day that makes you sweat, and do something once a week that scares you... Eat healthily and exercise as often as possible.

Errm maybe NOT ! !

Seriously though, that streetfighter kit is gash, the other images are ok though... maybe you could specify the original fog lights... personally I like this one below:

Its a standard front bumper modified with what looks like 306 and 106 fog lighs and a splitter, with side skirts and a rear valance and spoiler, very sleek and tasteful.
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

I think i'd beat myself before I make my 406 look like a 407 :P

I found a company that sells the bodykit on the blue car.

Prices are ok 1200 Euro plus a small rebate for the full kit.
Front bumper 407 Euro
Lights / fog lights 60 Euro
Lights / Driving lights 60 Euro
100x100x67.5mm
Front grill/vent grill / without sign 84 Euro
Side skirts 236 Euro
Rear bumpers / simple or double exhaust system 339 Euro

I like the street fighter one because it doesn't look like anything off those stupid movies. In fact it was made long before the movies came out.
Another thing I kinda liked is it doesn't have any fog/driving lights in it.
406OC Image Support
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

C'mon people! We have 200+ users and I only get 5 comments? :cry:

If not the Street Fighter what about the Pheonix (blue car pic) as my second choice? Or maybe not? :P

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
406OC Image Support
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Go with my idea... you know I'm right on both counts ! ! lol

Or if you have to pick between the blue and streetfighter, take the blue option ! !

I know what you mean about the 200 odd members, where are they all... so many inactives.
Niz406
--------
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Yup, blue is better looking than the streetfighter, still a bit over the top for my tastes though, I quite like the red one but as you say that's very expensive.
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

Personally I hate people who add crap like this to their cars as it serves no real purpose.
All it does is make it look like your trying to make your car something it isn't.

There is no need for lowered, extended bumbers. All they do is provide a source of constant money spending as you repeatedaly fix and respray them when you hit them of curbs and raised road surfaces.

MacDow, what you do with your 406 is obviously your choice, but consider this. With such a bumper like the streetfighter or the one pictured above, you won't be able to tackle ramps, sloping driveways, speed bump or uneven road surfaces. You won't even be able to park right up to the kerb anymore.
Tell me, what is the practicality in that?!

Sure it looks good (the blue 406 above) but its going to cost you more that just installation... you'll be constantly repairing it.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

MaDc0w wrote:C'mon people! We have 200+ users and I only get 5 comments? :cry:
*crawls out from woodwork*

........Personally speaking i would put your car to OE spec, have a lovely new paint finish on the front.........and put any money left in your back pocket for something else.

The reason i suspect for your low turn out on this thread is that most people believe that the 406 is 'difficult' to add stuff like this to without it looking a bit odd.

The difficulty you may find yourself in is the one where you add the front bumper, then the skirts, then the rear, then something else, and before you know it you've spent thousands and ended up with an ''indurhvidual motahh'' that in reality is almost worthless at the end of it all.

I prefer subtlety and descreet engine mods that 'actually work'. There's nothing better than outrunning someone in a 'normal' looking car that doesn't have to SHOUT at you.

Regards

Welton.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Welton wrote: I prefer subtlety and descreet engine mods that 'actually work'. There's nothing better than outrunning someone in a 'normal' looking car that doesn't have to SHOUT at you.
I believe thats called a street sleeper lol

I still think the DDT bumper is the better idea, you know the nice silver looking one, that would be quality.... respectful of the original 406 prowess and sexyness lol
Niz406
--------