Unanswered posts!

We tell you what we're doing, you tell us what we're doing good or bad.

Moderator: Moderators

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

DP Alert!!

Coming back to the OP here, something that has a huge bearing on the number of reponses one gets to a post is the title of that post.

I try to extend the title as far as possible to give the reader an idea about what the post is about.

For example:

Title: Reverse gear

Or,

Title: Difficulty selecting reverse, anyone else have this?

Now I would be much more inclined to read the later post eh?

Welly.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Welton wrote:I miiiight buy a sticker (if only to keep you happy love) but I would have prefered it to be a teenie weenie bit smaller, like discreet but I am fussy like that.

Buy one and place the lions on the inside of the petrol flap and one on the inside of the boot lid or somewhere else, then stick the 406oc sticker on inside of the rear shelf compartment cover.... you can be a closet fan :shock:
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
Welly

Post by Welly »

niz406 wrote:
Welton wrote:I miiiight buy a sticker (if only to keep you happy love) but I would have prefered it to be a teenie weenie bit smaller, like discreet but I am fussy like that.

Buy one and place the lions on the inside of the petrol flap and one on the inside of the boot lid or somewhere else, then stick the 406oc sticker on inside of the rear shelf compartment cover.... you can be a closet fan :shock:
I don't think we've seen a picter of your stickerz now that you've fitted 'em mate, where's the custard pics?
Cars in my care:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

That's because I'm waiting for some more carbon fibre film and a clean of my motor....

Also I think you will find that I brought 12 stickers and have distributed 4 of them.... so nerr :D
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

TooT wrote:Yeah me too. I wish i knew as much about cars as james :frown:
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
i just wish i knew as much as my dad, he can diagnose faults without even seeing the car
on my old 306 the tailgate central locking stopped working, i told my dad he got a wiring diagram and told me that plug had come off and it wasnt the one for the lock, i went and looked and sure enough it was :lol:
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

jameslxdt wrote:i just wish i knew as much as my dad, he can diagnose faults without even seeing the car
You really don't give yourself enough credit mate! Remember "it's the TDC sensor"? :)
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Welton wrote:DP Alert!!

Coming back to the OP here, something that has a huge bearing on the number of reponses one gets to a post is the title of that post.

I try to extend the title as far as possible to give the reader an idea about what the post is about.

For example:

Title: Reverse gear

Or,

Title: Difficulty selecting reverse, anyone else have this?

Now I would be much more inclined to read the later post eh?

Welly.
Or whatca think 2 da title like.... tits N ass? innit bruv :cheesy:
Niz406
--------
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

I'm not tellin' any more jokes, no-one laughs! :cry: :cry:

I thought that was a really good one too :?
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Welly

Post by Welly »

Me m8 dave powstid a fred an da scooby forumz said 'wot d'ya fink ov me nob end?' day bannd im for showin iz nob on da forumz but he sed day missed wot he writted on iz glanz wiv da biro it wuz da forumz URL or summing :lol:
Cars in my care:
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

it's a friday already? :)
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Welton wrote:Me m8 dave powstid a fred an da scooby forumz said 'wot d'ya fink ov me nob end?' day bannd im for showin iz nob on da forumz but he sed day missed wot he writted on iz glanz wiv da biro it wuz da forumz URL or summing :lol:
Dude, is u offerin 2 do dat too, but do you fink dat:

Code: Select all

http://www.406oc.co.uk/posting.php?moding=quoting#@%20%&p=30959
Wud fit on ya pekka ?
Niz406
--------
Welly

Post by Welly »

m8 i cud rite dat twyce on me nob end, me birdz fink da head iz 2 big for dare flapz lol elevety lol 11111 !!!
Cars in my care:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Welton wrote:m8 i cud rite dat twyce on me nob end, me birdz fink da head iz 2 big for dare flapz lol elevety lol 11111 !!!
Wikid lolzrolfocoptorlmaoffspmsl
Niz406
--------
stevieboy

Re: Unanswered posts!

Post by stevieboy »

As you can see i haven't put many posts up but thinking of giving up. have people asking for photos and when you ask for help to put them on (I'm not exactly computer literate) no body wants to know. thought i might have got it sussed this morning but heard nothing from mods 12 hrs later ( threads have to be checked). why bother?
nick
Site Admin

Re: Unanswered posts!

Post by nick »

stevieboy wrote:As you can see i haven't put many posts up but thinking of giving up. have people asking for photos and when you ask for help to put them on (I'm not exactly computer literate) no body wants to know. thought i might have got it sussed this morning but heard nothing from mods 12 hrs later ( threads have to be checked). why bother?
I appreciate where you're coming from Stevie, however this site is a regular target of SPAM attacks. As a result, to keep the site as legible as possible, we have to enforce some strict rules on new posters, as well as sign-up rules.

We have tried to set these rules up to cause as little inconvenience for the end user as possible, yet cause maximum frustration for the spammers, so that hopefully they lay off us, and let the site continue without the spam constantly hitting us.

As you can imagine, this is a hard balance to get right, however we think that 406oc.co.uk has found an optimum balance.

Part of this includes the users first 5 posts being manually authorized by either an Admin, or a Moderator. Usually, posts are authorized within a couple of hours, however at weekends, and especially at the start of holidays, your post-approval time may take longer than expected.

Hope that clears things up, because we don't want to see anyone driven away because of anti-spam measures!

Thanks,

Nick
Thanks,
Nick
DaiRees wrote:I got the "premium" standard fit system in mine, 10 speakers, changer, JBL amp. I'm quite happy with it for listening to the radio / CDs or my "teach yourself Welsh" stuff on the way to work :lol: