Coupe owner

Welcome to the 406 Owners Club (406oc.co.uk and pug406.co.uk). If you havn't registered, you can post in here, and find out what the site is all about!

Moderator: Moderators

markw
2.0 Turbo

Re: Coupe owner

Post by markw »

Like I said in the first post here, I have no experience of taxi..... er I mean Saloons and Estates but as they share a lot of components with the Coupe, I thought I'd be able to chip in now and again with snippets of useless information.....

I like my gadgets.....check this out....auto close of the window(that's standard) folding mirror and the rear quarters.....(the last two aren't standard!! :cheesy:
Click the pic.
2001 ES9J4S Coupe Manual Diablo
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

I saw that on the Coupe forums, great bit of work, well done! I'm sorely tempted to fit the electric quarter light openers to mine :D
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
markw
2.0 Turbo

Post by markw »

I fitted another pair to a Coupe in Norwich yesterday.
You should do it!

Or let me do it for you..... :cheesy:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

markw wrote:I have no experience of taxi.....
:frown: *finger poised over ban button*

If I didn't have 4 dogs... (plus 2 gardens, need to transport wood about, have a wife that's more interested in cars other than what colour they are...)
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
markw
2.0 Turbo

Post by markw »

:cheesy: :cheesy: no offence intended! :cheesy: :cheesy:
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

I think most of us taxi owners would be interested in having auto fold mirrors, particularly if they only fold after you've used them to check the road's clear before opening the door.

Is that bit documented on the peacock...... er I mean Coupe forum?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

When the taxi forum has discussed auto folding mirrors in the past, the usual worry is what happens if they're iced up?

It's all over on the hairdresser forum Eric, although they pinched it off the French coupé forum anyway :supafrisk:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
markw
2.0 Turbo

Post by markw »

Touché!!! :lol:

Yes, they fold in on deadlocking. The circuit I cobbled up is only proven on my part mux car.....a full mux fit would need some further investigations.....(that's for the folding mirror bit.)

Go to How To section on the Coupe forum and have a look at the little pdf I put together......'tis only 21 pages... :shock:

If the mirrors are iced up (I've never had mine not move due to that) then it's probably so cold that the door locks have frozen too.....so you won't be getting in and that makes the iced up mirrors inconsequential!

And yes I did pinch it off the Froggies, I e-mailed the guy who did it in my best Anglo-Frog speak and got his blessing!
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

markw wrote:I like my gadgets.....check this out....auto close of the window(that's standard) folding mirror and the rear quarters.....(the last two aren't standard!! :cheesy:
That is *sweet*!

I had a bit of a fall out with the coupé forum after they threatened to force people, including myself, to pay for membership to see my HOWTOs. Their response was to delete my HOWTOs (including my insanely detailed cluch change one...) so I said sod it and ain't been back since :lol:
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
markw
2.0 Turbo

Post by markw »

That's a shame mate. I always enjoyed your input over there. :cry:

PS the clutch change one is still there.....
oldskoolskool
1.8 16v

Post by oldskoolskool »

mjb wrote:
markw wrote:I like my gadgets.....check this out....auto close of the window(that's standard) folding mirror and the rear quarters.....(the last two aren't standard!! :cheesy:
That is *sweet*!

I had a bit of a fall out with the coupé forum after they threatened to force people, including myself, to pay for membership to see my HOWTOs. Their response was to delete my HOWTOs (including my insanely detailed cluch change one...) so I said sod it and ain't been back since :lol:
Was this recent? if so I think it was just part of a thread where several people were viewing their opinions on what direction they think the club should go on the back of the recent hosting issues it has had. I would have though it be highly un-likely to happen.
2003 - Aegean Blue - 2.2L HDi - S

Nicowico pipes, de-fapped, de-egr, K&N, pipecraft stainless exhaust, Re-map, paddle clutch & SMF, Nakamichi cd400, 5000k hid's & led's

Styled by piniferina, modified with shopping trolleys and car doors.