History of red 406 coupe

Welcome to the 406 Owners Club (406oc.co.uk and pug406.co.uk). If you havn't registered, you can post in here, and find out what the site is all about!

Moderator: Moderators

justmike

History of red 406 coupe

Post by justmike »

Hi fellow car lovers,

I recently bought my first 406 coupe which had been "stuffed" slightly at the front end. The usual repairs/replacements to bonnet,bumper and those lovely headlights plus some Ferrari -ish red paint has it looking good again. The previous owner, a helpful guy from Derbyshire , unfortunately binned all the paper work when told it was to be written off by his insurers - how was he to know the car he loved would be resurrected !

The car is a 2 litre W reg, bright red with black leather and shows 59k miles which I believe is genuine . The owner until August 2006 was apparently a professional guy from Leicester who loved the car and looked after it accordingly until he p/ex'd it for a mint 3 litre in Diablo red on a 51 plate (I think).

If this previous owner reads this or anybody knows how I can contact him I would appreciate it, then I can maybe track down some of the car's history.

I'm not really a 2 door coupe enthusiast , being more of a white van man really but I have to admit I have grown to like this car more and more as I have worked on it. I can now understand why Honest John (Daily Telegraph website) describes 406 coupes as "one of the best looking cars in the world". My wife hates my old Volvo, suspects I have little taste in cars but she admits that I seem to have improved with this one !

Sorry to go on but I would like to thank this forum for the help I have had in sorting the car. If anybody can help me contact its previous owner I will be even more chuffed ! Thanks.

Mike
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: History of red 406 coupe

Post by steve_earwig »

I think Peugeot are capable of storing some information with regards to servicing etc., it could possibly be an idea to ask them.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.