I need a spoiler for my D8

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

=|[PsychoPoet406]|=
1.8 16v

Post by =|[PsychoPoet406]|= »

EVERY chav has got one, by having one you end up being classed as a Chav too.
By who?

Every taxi driver has got a 406. Are we taxi drivers? Most old men have got 406s. Are we old men? Generalisation is something you should learn to avoid.
ImageImage
Malachy
2.2 16v

Post by Malachy »

=|[PsychoPoet406]|= wrote:But what I think is, why bother spending money on something that nobody (except those with expert eyes) is going to notice?
i have spent loads on my engine conversion/brakes etc and i do mods tomy car for my pleasure nto for others to notice, i dont need people to think i am cool because they see my car and it has a huge spoiler and bling wheels,if i added a spoiler and it was subtle it would be because i liked the look of it, i would not be worried about other people not noticing it, the same goes for non subtle mods i guess if you like them do them but dont expect others to like them.
the only reason i got 17inch alloys was because i need the clearance for my brakes and the wider 205 ruber will help with traction issues.

ps. i do not have a spoiler on my car and do not plan to add one not my cup of tea tbh,and big spoilers are too chav for me its up there with neon lights and flamer kits, people care too much on what other people think of there car and want to show it of :/ childish materialistic behaviour in my opinion.

pps: foxys spoiler looks cool it looks OEM and a quality part, not stuck on tat. thats what is cool about it.
1996 306cab with a few mods
1997 Mercedes C230 Kompressor sport
johnd
1.8 16v

Post by johnd »

Couldn't have put better myself, stick to simple mods and people will notice you rather than laugh at you.
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

=|[PsychoPoet406]|= wrote:
EVERY chav has got one, by having one you end up being classed as a Chav too.
By who?

Every taxi driver has got a 406. Are we taxi drivers? Most old men have got 406s. Are we old men? Generalisation is something you should learn to avoid.
Read Malachy's comments... he sums it up well.
pug406gtx
2.0 16v

Post by pug406gtx »

Malachy wrote: people care too much on what other people think of there car and want to show it of :/ childish materialistic behaviour in my opinion.

Help we might have another Barryboys member here. :evil: :?
I have modified my car to the way I want it to look big bumper big spoiler big wheels I also go to a lot of the shows with it but my main intention is not to make everybody else like my car cos I know it won't, it is because I feel I can take some pride in knowing I have put a bit of work into making my car different from all the other 406's on the road,
If people want to like it they can and if they hate it then that is there opinion, modding is a way of life to some people.
Malachy
2.2 16v

Post by Malachy »

pug406gtx wrote:
Malachy wrote: people care too much on what other people think of there car and want to show it of :/ childish materialistic behaviour in my opinion.

Help we might have another Barryboys member here. :evil: :?
I have modified my car to the way I want it to look big bumper big spoiler big wheels I also go to a lot of the shows with it but my main intention is not to make everybody else like my car cos I know it won't, it is because I feel I can take some pride in knowing I have put a bit of work into making my car different from all the other 406's on the road,
If people want to like it they can and if they hate it then that is there opinion, modding is a way of life to some people.
o dear your nto gettign what i am saying at all.
im glad you like how your car looks and thats great thats why you should mod it, i was comenting on such comments as
=|[PsychoPoet406]|= wrote:But what I think is, why bother spending money on something that nobody (except those with expert eyes) is going to notice?
thats not modding because you like it that smodding because you think itmakes you cools its materialistic and childish as i said above, got fk all to do with barry boys.
1996 306cab with a few mods
1997 Mercedes C230 Kompressor sport
TonyW
1.8 8v

Post by TonyW »

Where can you get a spoiler like Foxy's coz I reckon that'd look the nuts on mine, not too much, but just a hint at some poke when you put your right foot down!
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

TonyW wrote:Where can you get a spoiler like Foxy's coz I reckon that'd look the nuts on mine, not too much, but just a hint at some poke when you put your right foot down!
Try ebay... similar ones are sold on there all the time.
TonyW
1.8 8v

Post by TonyW »

Yeah, I'm looking for one just like it coz some of the ones on Ebay don't look so great. I know I shouldn't copy, but imitation IS the most sincere form of flattery! :cheesy:
k9plums

Post by k9plums »

well this spoilers for sale £20 if you want it
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

I have a D8 spoiler primed with its fitting kit up for sale, its been in the shed for 3 years...

Its the same as the following, without the brake light:

Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Will dat fing fit me D9 m8?

(sorry friday again)
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

wel m8 me finks it will fit any 406 da boot lid contour is da same on bofh D8/D9, its da tail end thats different.... u no wher da key fitz in to open it up and jack the goods from !
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

dat iz a kewl spoyla m8, me back end luks shite wivout da spoyla when i getz me necks giro i mite av dat ov ya in ya shed lol 11111!!!!one.

dont wanna drilz any holz in me boot doe can you stick it on wiv da gluez??
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Is that in English????