Which tail light suit the color of my car?

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

k3nny
2.0 16v

Which tail light suit the color of my car?

Post by k3nny »

Hi guys,

need a quick suggestion here. which rear tail light suits my car's color? gonna import this from u.k to jakarta pretty soon along with other body parts and engine parts.

i 'simulate' the options in photoshop to help choosing the right ones.

or

or maybe this is a bad idea and i should forget about it? :?
Cars, Computers, Chicks, 3C for a complete life. add a number 6 between them then you get double pleasure. hahaha!

Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

Personaly, I find that the lights that come with your car look the best.
Those lexus style lights are very common here. So much so that anyone who has them makes their car look tacky. In my opinion.
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

i agree with blue 406 but if they are still cool in jakarta i think the bottom (darker) lights look better
k3nny
2.0 16v

Post by k3nny »

I got the idea of common lexus style lights makes the car look tacky, but i seen none of 406's installed lexus style lights because it simply doesn't exist down here. no body sells them, and not much of a peugeot 406's accessories is available here.

the cost of the lights is GBP 110. the shipment cost 100 GBP. but it would be worth it if it makes my 406 'one of a kind' down here. :cheesy:

So ... ?!?! go for it ?. ( i agreed with trem1, darker one suits my car's color IMO)
Cars, Computers, Chicks, 3C for a complete life. add a number 6 between them then you get double pleasure. hahaha!

tux2006
2.0 16v

Post by tux2006 »

I reckon go for it! IF lexus lights arent common as assholes down your way then its go to be a good mod

I aslo think go for the darker/smoked lights
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

Go for the dark ones :)

What'd probably look real cool is to take the outer lense off, spray the black plastic the same blue as your car, then put the clear lense back on and fit them to the car ;)

Now THAT would be unique
k3nny
2.0 16v

Post by k3nny »

Blue406 wrote:Go for the dark ones :)

What'd probably look real cool is to take the outer lense off, spray the black plastic the same blue as your car, then put the clear lense back on and fit them to the car ;)

Now THAT would be unique
Nice idea m8, but won't it be glued/sealed together? probably water might leak into the reflector if i force it open. but let's see when it got here.

So dark smoked one it is! :D *yippie* .... but takes 6 - 9 days to get here.

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Funny how when the Lexus IS200 first came out, everyone said ''wow, look at the clear rear lenses how cool is that''...........now though they have become the symbol of something not so good.

So for me, you can take your lexarse lights along with 'Angel Eyes' for a Vauxhall Corsa and shove 'em.

Such a shame.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

supafrisk wrote:Hmm.. I feel a poll coming on...

Lexus lights or the chrome trim strip round the lights, which is the tackiest??
Or the chrome trime strip running through the lights... ala mine ;)
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Blue406 wrote:Or the chrome trime strip running through the lights... ala mine ;)
No that's subtlelty... I like that :) You're not being a show off and at the same time being different. What can be better?
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

Captain Jack wrote:
Blue406 wrote:Or the chrome trime strip running through the lights... ala mine ;)
No that's subtlelty... I like that :) You're not being a show off and at the same time being different. What can be better?
:cheesy: 8) That just made my day :)