The beast is back in town

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

neildavies
3.0 24v

The beast is back in town

Post by neildavies »

And it's lovely. Got out of the Mondeo and into it expecting the coupe to feel old and loose in comparison, but it all felt spot on. I'd forgotten how good.

The repair is spot on. Only thing they didn't do is replace the strap on the spare wheel, but he said that Peugeot no longer say this is needed and don't supply it. One other thing they forgot is the wheel arch liners, so I'll phone them Monday to get them ordered.

It was all done by DG Weaver Ford dealer in Rhondda and they've been second to none. The delays were down to parts which is understandable. I'm just glad to have it back. I've checked panel gaps and allignment with old photos and it's all spot on, exactly the same. Colour matching spot on too. When I questioned that I'd asked for a GB plate, he got one made up for me and fitted there and then, so can't fault them.

I've got a lot of running around to do as it's my 30th birthday party tomorrow, so it'll get plenty of use, and I can't wait to use it. Here's the result:

PS I had the bonnet done, stone chips and it was a bit messy, and that's spot on too. I'm one happy man (and I got it back while I'm still in my twenties)

2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

Was great driving it home, felt like king of the road. And looking in my mirror and seing Deb (my wife) in the Mondeo behind me just emphasised how it really does blend into the background. After having it for 5 weeks, Peugoet have definitely got the upper hand when it comes to handling, comfort and general driveability. I'd have my 170,000 406 back before buying a Mondeo.

Anyway, final cost came to £4000
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi