how difficult is it to remove

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

chili
2.0 16v

how difficult is it to remove

Post by chili »

the rear view mirror shell as i need to look at my rain sensor, from the outside it looks like the passenger side sensor has slipped a little into the housing
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Do you mean that the orange light looks like its only lit on one side, because mine is like this and I thought there was a bulb out but to be honest I never looked again because the wipers work well on auto so I thought it must just be like it.

They work pretty well normaly but sometimes the sensor won't recognise a fine mist and I wait and wait until finally I chicken out and press the one-wipe myself :|

One thing that is annoying, you have to reset them to auto everytime you go back to the car.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
chili
2.0 16v

Post by chili »

sort off

the sensor on the passenger side looks as if it is set on a slight angle the drivers side one looks flush to the windscreen.

yep they work fine as they are now
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Welton wrote:sometimes the sensor won't recognise a fine mist and I wait and wait until finally I chicken out and press the one-wipe myself :|

One thing that is annoying, you have to reset them to auto everytime you go back to the car.
I do a down-up movement so it single wipes when it clicks back into auto... Anyone good with electrics able to suggest a nice mod to alter sensitivity?