Exchanging saloon for coupe parts

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

406Kris
1.8 16v

Exchanging saloon for coupe parts

Post by 406Kris »

Hello guys, was wondering if anyone knew if the bodywork form a coupe will fit a saloon, such as bumpers and bonnet?
I'm hoping to replace the front bumper and bonnet but I cannot find the matching colour for mine which is a light metallic blue or Polaris blue (I think) but there is a few coupe parts in that colour.

Thanks
Kris
406 1.8L 2002
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Re: Exchanging saloon for coupe parts

Post by OdinEidolon »

Definitely, definitely not.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

The entire Coupe body shell and external body parts are completely bespoke. The Coupe was designed and manufactured by Pininfarina in San Giorgio Canavese, Turin, with Peugeot's only real involvement being the supply of the engines, gearboxes, electrical parts, and dashboard. Oh, and the Peugeot badges :cheesy:

While you have some mechanical parts commonality between the Saloon/Estate and Coupe models, you will find no external body parts that can be used from one to the other (the Saloon and Estate are basically the same car and there are body panels that will fit between the two).

EDIT: It actually gets worse than this - the Coupe range was given 15 distinct colours, most of which did not appear on the Saloon/Estate models. Polaris Blue was one of these shades that did not appear on the Saloon/Estate. If you need to replace body panels on your Saloon/Estate, then you will need to find the right parts in the right colours in scrapyards, basically. It is possible to buy pattern parts unpainted, but then you have to find a paint shop who can colour match with your car's paint code (which you should find as a four-character code printed on a label stuck to the driver's-side A-pillar (open the driver's door to find it) or spray-painted on to one of the suspension turrets under the bonnet.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

The slam panel & radiator support are the same, as are front & rear subframes (all depending on date of manufacture of course) :supafrisk:

Everything else, not a chance.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

OdinEidolon wrote:Definitely, definitely not.
I feel sorry I was so rude, I just didn't have time to point out what Highlander has brilliantly done. Sorry!
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
406Kris
1.8 16v

Post by 406Kris »

Cheers guys this helps a lot

Don't worry Odin no offence taken, as a peugeot owner I should really know this already lol

Thanks
Kris
406 1.8L 2002
6speedmanual
1.8 16v

Post by 6speedmanual »

Strut brace from coupé fits and is beneficial on saloon and estate.
Usually a couple on ebay for c.£20.
Peter
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

Might be selling my strut brace, as that's a condition of the new insurance provider i'm with :(
I know I can keep it on, and if I have a crash whip it off but....................
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406