sills,

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

lozz
3.0 24v

sills,

Post by lozz »

daft question,

ihate welding, after an accident, a few years ago :(
if islapped some side skirts on do you rekon id get away with a small hole or 2 in a sill :roll:

im thinking what they carnt see they carnt fail, hmm,
anyone else got away with it, ?
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Re: sills,

Post by midsdaz »

well my mates got a honda del sol with skirts etc but his been told the mot ppl have the right to take off skirts if they think it could be hiding something not sure how true it is but id look in to it just incase coz his stripped his off to weld one hole up
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

ive had a nosey on the web,
alot are saying advisory,. sill carnt be inspected, side skirts

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... read=57200

also someone asked same question on mig weld forum,

they got this reply, (Re: MOT issue
Mot tester cannot remove the skirts to check so is unable to fail it for that reason)

iwill ask a mot tester that iknow see what he says, if he rekons iwill get away with it iwill put them on,
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

dont blame u so my mate has took them off for no reason then haha gutted it took him ages aswell let us no if u find out any diffrent but from wat u have seen through the web its a load of shite
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

lozz wrote:

also someone asked same question on mig weld forum,

they got this reply, (Re: MOT issue
Mot tester cannot remove the skirts to check so is unable to fail it for that reason)

iwill ask a mot tester that iknow see what he says, if he rekons iwill get away with it iwill put them on,

i belive this is correct as well
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

ive fitted them on cars before astra and vauxhall vectra estate side skirts cut to size :supafrisk: , been ok on mots,
but this car is athrow away car, so no doubt theyl rip it to bits, :frown:
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

ill speak to me mate tommrrow and see what numpty he heard it off
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

midsdaz wrote:ill speak to me mate tommrrow and see what numpty he heard it off
the side skirts might have not been sealed up Sikaflexed, etc

perhaps tester, noticed something, hence asking for them to be removed,

ialways thought it was a case of what they carnt see they carnt fail,
ifilled asmall hole in sill with jb weld and got away with it once :supafrisk: ,
but, ithink this one wouid need a gallon of it, at a fiver a tube, im not using 50 tubes of it on this one, :(
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

Sounds like a right solid car I'd love to have a test drive :supafrisk:
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

its not too bad, ive seen worse, :lol:

its been sat in the yard a year or so, so the sills have rotted abit,
ithink its been caused by idiots jacking it up on the sills in the past,

got the car for nowt, as the back end was stoved in,
just going to get an mot on it and use it for a short while, wont be selling it on,

it will end up used for grass tracking when ive finished with it,
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

What happend to ur hdi ?
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

sold it mate,
expected the other citroen ibought to be a good one,but it was fubard,
just waiting for a cheque to come back from auction for it and iwill go and buy another 406,

just using this shed ive got for a temp runabout :(
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

I've never liked French cars but I got to admit my 1.9 and this 2.1 I got is mint no problems really apart from the starting issue and the normal wear and tear problem free I wouldn't go hdi tho
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Talking mot's my mate who is a mad biker and a bike mot tester had an argument last year with a collegue when we were on holidays, they both agreed that what they cant see they cant fail.
BUT.
Bike exhausts is were the argument went up a gear, my mate had put a big noisy exhaust on his bike but the other tester wernt sure if it was legal, the argument comes down to this. If your unsure if it's any louder than when factory fitted how can you tell? you cant exactly have an identical bike in the testing station to compair it to so you have to pass it.

Job done, he's now bought a Harley and bolted on a beast of an exhaust you should hear that thing. :lol: :lol:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

I suppose it aldepends on the tester if there a arsehole and the wife didn't sort them out the night befor it f*cked there gonna do there best to fail it