rear boot/lock badge?

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

tommk3cab
1.6 8v

rear boot/lock badge?

Post by tommk3cab »

My boot lion badge first became chipped and flaked off and now it has fallen off altogether. I know this is a common problem as I have seen loads of 406's with the same issue. I don't seem to be able to find a replacement, even my ebay searching has drawn a blank. I noticed someone on here has them made but I sent them a message a few weeks ago and had no reply.

This is the offending part, just in case what I wrote doesn't make sense (more than likely the case :))

I only need the actual 2 part lion badge.

Thanks in advance.
plod
3.0 24v

Re: rear boot/lock badge?

Post by plod »

Well, the guy that was making them is busy studying

However, seeing as i'm out of pocket to a set of clocks, which he was supposed to be making me a set of white dials for I can tell the truth

The quality isn't very good, and mine was full of air bubbles - he sent me a replacement which also was full of air bubbles, and when I mentioned it, got all arsey about how long it took to make, and spat his dummy - if I had been funny about it, one thing, but I wasn't, but hey ho, if that's the way he wants to be, then I hope karma comes and kicks him in the butt :lol:
Best alternative, if ebay is drawing a blank, is colour code the existing badge to your car, and do what Tatsfield did over on the coupe club, and stick a lion badge over the top of it - available off the bay - if you liked, you could if you so like use the latest pug lion
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
tommk3cab
1.6 8v

Post by tommk3cab »

plod wrote: Best alternative, if ebay is drawing a blank, is colour code the existing badge to your car, and do what Tatsfield did over on the coupe club, and stick a lion badge over the top of it - available off the bay - if you liked, you could if you so like use the latest pug lion
I will consider remaking one myself, I can probably make the 2 part badge itself out of fiber glass and sticker over the top of it... off searching for pug lion stickers..
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

just for information..servicebox reckons a new badge is £40.79p from the dealers

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement
tommk3cab
1.6 8v

Post by tommk3cab »

trem1 wrote:just for information..servicebox reckons a new badge is £40.79p from the dealers

That is painful. 5 of their badges would be nearly equal to the price I paid for the whole car :)