Rear door opening?!

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

Juzza
1.8 16v

Rear door opening?!

Post by Juzza »

Has anyone ever had thios problem before?

I had noticed a couple of times that my drivers rear door was open on the latch. Just put it down to me not shutting it properly (it's a bit stiff and creaky) until on the weekend I saw it pop open. It was shut properly and I locked the car (with remote) fine until I activated the deadlocks and alarm when the back door module made a different noise and the door popped open.
Anyone got any ideas or do I have to take the door card off and go looking? It doesn't do it all the time, just occasionally.
Thanks.
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Hummmmm those french gremlins got in again! don't you just hate them...

Initial thoughts would be knackered solinoid, shorted wire or faulty connector... I'd just pop the door card off and swap it over for one from the scrappers ! Easy enough and not worth paying big bucks for a new one !
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
iando
1.6 8v

Post by iando »

Just noticed your post I had the same problem about a year ago,adjusted the lock and sprayed
the old wd40 and it worked a treat until a few weeks ago and it has returned,think it has something to
do with the cold weather,doesnt happen everytime, but still a pain in the ass.
Let me know if you have found a solution :?