Rear Light Cluster Modifications

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

ThePrisoner
2.0 Turbo

Rear Light Cluster Modifications

Post by ThePrisoner »

Was scouring the net looking for ideas on what to do with my rear lights.

Firstly I decided on a set of Lexus rear lights for my D9 but lots of people seem to have them, and they dont appear to be very original anymore. I also have decided that I dont want to take away the colour coded mid cluster panel, as this makes the D9 look sporty from the rear. Also I have had bad reports about them getting cold and condensing up, (this I have seen on a car down my street).

As there are no LED rear lights available (unless I have not been looking hard enough) this is also not an option.

However I came acroos this pic, and I think that these white rear light clusters look stunning, and really bring out the colour of the colour coded mid cluster panel. These rear white lights would also suite the white side repeaters already fitted as standard.

The only problem is, I can't find a set and I am unsure wether it is a self-conversion.

What do you guys think, and how would I obtain / modify a set?

Pris. :cheesy:

maglite
2.0 16v

Post by maglite »

Yeah I have been looking for some rear LED clusters for ages. On my D8, I've got these on there at the moment:
As far as LEDs go, I've got 4 pairs of these in both of my 406's:
I've had them in both cars for about a month now and I must say, they really do make an improvement from standard filament 380's.
This is what they look like when on.
If you are interested this guy sells them on fleabay. I also bought some 1w White 501's from him and they seem to be the best I've seen so far.