Ouch part 2

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

sollyboy
1.8 8v

Ouch part 2

Post by sollyboy »

Hi Pug Lovers
Well I did'nt ding the old pug in the snow and ice ( well I hope not ,I've just lent it to the wife in the morning, by the afternoon snow and ice everywhere) I had a 50 50 scrape sandwiched on a narrow blind corner in the sleepy little village on the Gower (Wales) Hit a surfer in a VW transporter rushing to get some good surf waves. Drivers front wing and both drivers side doors need replacing . Any one know of any going, would be nice if they were metalic Red for a 99 > estate. Insurance no good they want to right it off( high mileage). Garage will do the job for £350, but need the parts . If any one knows of any parts for metalic red 99> estate would be a big help

Well did contact insurance and they want to right it off, give me £2500 for it, but they said I could buy in back of the salvage people?? has anyone had dealings with this, friend said you could end up buying the car back from the salvage people for a lot less than £2500, any advice on this pug lovers.
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

You could do this, let them write the car off and give you £2500, then buy the car back for, say, £1000, then spend £500 on getting the work done, and you'd have a nice nest egg left over.

The car would be a classified cat D write off, but if your keeping it for a while, by the time you come to sell it, it won't be worth much and nobody'll be bothered about its history.
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi