Anyone know what this color is called?

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

dadooo
1.8 8v

Anyone know what this color is called?

Post by dadooo »

Hello Pugsters.
as you can see in the picture there are some rust spots on the wife's new broom.Image
The color code sticker is gone/unreadable and could not find the color at my local auto paint suppliers color samples.
Anyone know what this color is called, and for bonus points the DuPont color code?
It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him.
Max Planck
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: Anyone know what this color is called?

Post by Welly »

Looks very much like Diablo Red.

Here's an example, it's a pearlescent colour and reacts to light conditions:
And on a dull day:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
dadooo
1.8 8v

Post by dadooo »

Looks very much like Diablo Red.

Hmmmmm? I never looked at the pearlescent colors, just thought was a metallic color. will have to run it by the shop again.
Thanks Welly
It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him.
Max Planck
markw
2.0 Turbo

Post by markw »

And it fades like a good 'un too. This is what I found when I de-badged a few years ago.... :cheesy:

Peugeot paint code is EKQD and might be N9933 for DuPont.
2001 ES9J4S Coupe Manual Diablo
dadooo
1.8 8v

Post by dadooo »

markw wrote:And it fades like a good 'un too. This is what I found when I de-badged a few years ago.... :cheesy:

Paint code is EKQD for Diablo.
The clear lacquer is peeling everywhere so fade is the least of my problems. :lol: I just want to cover the rust spots for now. Thanks for the code! :D Image
Just a side note think of doing the car to a matte finish. a good scrub with a green scotchbrite pad. We live of gravel roads and keeping a shine is as good as impossible. a couple of hours with a scotchbrite and the gardenhose ( Maybe a beer or two) gets a nice even matte finish.
Max Planck