Front Foglights discoloured

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

benczuk
3.0 24v

Re: Front Foglights discoloured

Post by benczuk »

Apologies for the thread resurrection (and lack of pictures) but I decided to have a go at sorting mine today as the passenger side front fog had turned so cloudy it was opaque.

Managed to clean them completely in situ. Just undo the three screws holding the wheel arch liner under the bumper on either side. Move it out the way you can pop out the bulb holder. (you don't even need to remove the washer bottle on the drivers side)

With the bulb holder removed I could get most of the stuff off by sticking my hand in the hole, the rest was removed with a bit of cloth on a stick. Just wipes off, no need for water / a solvent (which saves drying time). Then rebuild, easy.

Nice improvement, if only the bumper itself wasn't covered in scratches...
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

I did mine a couple of weeks ago - they look really good now and it certainly makes the whole front of the car look fresh...

I managed to reach up under the front and undo the top foglight screw but it was a bit testing :evil: - I found it easier to sit in front of the car and reach up and under with both arms passing the tools from one hand to the other...
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
benczuk
3.0 24v

Post by benczuk »

GingerMagic wrote:I managed to reach up under the front and undo the top foglight screw but it was a bit testing :evil:
Tried, that, gave up! well done for persisting.
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

benczuk wrote:
GingerMagic wrote:I managed to reach up under the front and undo the top foglight screw but it was a bit testing :evil:
Tried, that, gave up! well done for persisting.
Ta, but all the time I was 'persisting' my conscious was screaming at me ' you've got to put that sodding screw back in again afterwards.... :evil: '
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.