plastic trims that hide the clutch pipes and top of bulkhead

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

Johannes
1.6 8v

plastic trims that hide the clutch pipes and top of bulkhead

Post by Johannes »

Am going to attempt to debug a clutch problem on my father's 2.1 this weekend.

Had a look the other evening and there's a two part plastic trim that meets below the plastic trim that is at the bottom of the windscreen. It looks like a drip trim to deflect water from running down the engine side of the bulkhead. As you look at the engine bay, the LHS trim prevents access to the back of the pedal housing and the RHS trim has the hydraulic pipe behind it.

I don't want to assume that I just force it off what appear to be metal lugs and break it. Is there a technique?

Anyone that has done a hydraulic clutch must have had to remove these trims, yet the Haynes book of lies doesn't even comment on them existing!

Thanks.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: plastic trims that hide the clutch pipes and top of bulk

Post by GingerMagic »

Not sure about the D8, but there are 4 little clips that hold the tray on, take a peek and you will see the tabs...
Once these are unclipped then the tray lifts out - be careful though as the tabs are fragile...
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
Johannes
1.6 8v

Re: plastic trims that hide the clutch pipes and top of bulk

Post by Johannes »

Thanks, when I went over Saturday morning and had a good look I could see that the lower sections hiding the clutch pipe and restricting access to the master cylinder were held in by some small Torx self tappers. i removed these and the plastic trim came loose.

Thanks for your response though.