need advice on wing and bonnet

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

melvinator

need advice on wing and bonnet

Post by melvinator »

i love my 406 a proper workhorse but someone drove into side of me and i need to replace the wing. my car is X plate (2000) 2.0 HDI estate in standard grey/silver it seems a challenge to get a replacement part, so im wondering if i can get any wing from any 406 regardless diesel/petrol and year or are they all different ?. i also need replace bonnet as laquer is bad but its mainly the wing i need right now. can anyone shed some light on it please or know anywhere that does 406 parts i dont want trust facebook. many many thanks in advance. if i can get the part i can get garage to fit it as im not mechanically minded i just want my baby back on the road as it should be.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: need advice on wing and bonnet

Post by GingerMagic »

Your car is I believe a phase 2 model ( 2000 - 2004 ) so any saloon/estate wing from this era will fit - fuel type is inconsequential :cheesy:

A 406 coupe front wing is completely different and will not fit.

It's sometimes difficult to tell on online sites however if the wing has an indicator hole halfway up then it's good.

There is one here on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256396975457 ... media=COPY

Not sure if it's the correct side?
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.