Subtle boot spoiler for £85.00

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

Deano
1.8 8v

Re: Subtle boot spoiler for £85.00

Post by Deano »

Just a thought as any one fitting a spoiler of a Citroan Xantia i Think it wood look good on a 406
and not to BIG :?:
Attachments
sp.jpg
2.0L 8V TURBO EXECUTIVE 150BHP+TOYS ZRX1200R AND MK1 EUNOS ROADSTER
bargainbro
2.0 16v

Post by bargainbro »

Ok, here comes....

I personally don´t like spoilers/wings/lexus taillights etc. I just don´t like making a mess of otherwise good looking bodywork....

I don´t like any of the previous even on a Jap car. I dislike all the japanese automobiles no matter what Scoobys or Evos they are. I find them just as interesting as Tamagotchis or Pokémon...Mainly because I don´t like corrosion, poor handling and plastic interior parts...and the toy-car looks of them..

However I find some improvements on a 406 very necessary myself...a) 15" or even 16" inch wheels look ridiculously small on a car that size ( and I otherwise do keep the 6 the best looking Peugeot ever made alongside with 205 gti, 206 and 605 facelift, so I think it´s worth the effort and lost of money if it´s anything more than just a workhorse to it´s owner..) b) lowering ( for one because of the soft suspension and for second because the empty space in the wheel arch looks stupidstupidstupid...

Otherwise the car looks best in its original shape

Here´s one for my taste, on a danish Peugeot forum....Other fine looking vehicles too in there... 8)

http://www.hi-speed.dk/Galleri/Peter406_1.jpg

And for Geordieboy.....the 18" wheels without the lowering don´t look that "straight" either... 8)

Yet all in all everyone should have the right to do whatever the f*ck they like with their cars...
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

bargainbro wrote:Here´s one for my taste, on a danish Peugeot forum....Other fine looking vehicles too in there... 8)
On my knackered and very dark minator at home that looks like it's got spoked motorbike wheels on it :shock:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
GeordieBoy
3.0 24v

Post by GeordieBoy »

bargainbro wrote:
And for Geordieboy.....the 18" wheels without the lowering don´t look that "straight" either... 8)
What 18" wheels? Those in my sig are 19" btw. :wink:

I've also sold them months ago and put my standard 15" wheels on.

The 19" give too much grip so I was doing 20-40mph more on roundabouts/corners etc putting more pressure on the suspension than they were designed to cope with. It wasn't worth spending hundreds on improving the suspension just to have 19" wheels.
UK Open Drift Championship 2011 Driver #80
Vehicles I own:-
1999 S Peugeot 406 LX 1.9TD (90% WVO, 10% Petrol)
2000 W Ford Transit LWB High Roof 2.5D
1997 R E36 BMW 328i Saloon (Drift/Track Car)
1995 N E36 BMW 328i Saloon (Spare Parts Car)
SOLD --- 2001 Y 406 GTX 2.0 HDi 110bhp
V6Exec
3.0 24v

Post by V6Exec »

bargainbro wrote:Yet all in all everyone should have the right to do whatever the f*ck they like with their cars...
Live and let live :mrgreen:

After all we are all friends here and do take the proverbial out of each other when we can. But we are also here to support each other when our fickle cars crave our attention (and our wallets).
Remember - it only takes a few inches of water to drown a 406 don't make the same mistake I made! The V6 Exec is no more.

406 Coupe S HDi

PP2000 clone interface
dantae
1.8 8v

Post by dantae »

The point to fitting a spoiler is more to do with personal taste than anything else, i have a 2ltr tubo exutive, and i have just got lexus rear lights which i will be tinting , and im looking for a spoiler to fit to the rear, all the pug ones are the same, theirs no differance to them, you just go and pay for the same thing as joe blogs down the road has, i try to find a spoiler that will fit and looks good thats differant from the rest and thats realy why we do up our cars, big or small its all down to personal taste, and just because its a 406 or a vectra, you need to respect the person who owns its taste, in the same way as you would like them to respect your taste, and in doing so you will show others that all maner of taste is welcome.
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

Not sure how many of you are fancying a standard style rear spoiler, but I for one do and have just spotted these on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :middle:uk

Bit of a bargain if you ask me and he's got 30 in. I don't think you'll see a new genuine spoiler cheaper than that. I've got my order in already! 8) Just need to get a new boot to fit it to now. :lol:
Image Image
'98 2.1TD Executive Daily Drive........................................'94 309 Goodwood Project Car
rapport25
3.0 24v
Location: either in my Audi SQ5+, X- trail Aventura or Mini Cooper Cab

Post by rapport25 »

I will stick with my rear lip spoiler the same as you get on a bmw. I think it looks pretty good :( 8)
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

Don't get me wrong, I do like the lip spoilers, but fancied something slightly larger, plus as a bonus it's cheaper than the lip spoiler too (almost half the price!)
Image Image
'98 2.1TD Executive Daily Drive........................................'94 309 Goodwood Project Car
rapport25
3.0 24v
Location: either in my Audi SQ5+, X- trail Aventura or Mini Cooper Cab

Post by rapport25 »

Yes. They are cheaper but im not a fan of spoilers. I like the bmw type as it seems to finish the back off the 406 off lovely.I think a case off less is more. And also improves the handling 8)