Water in the sill!!

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

ed209
2.0 16v

Water in the sill!!

Post by ed209 »

I went through a rather large puddle the other night, about a foot deep, and now I have water in the nearside sill. It sounds like a fair bit because its slushing around from the front to the back when braking and accelerating! I cant see any drain holes for the sills, there is nowt in the handbook, and I can't see how its got in there! :roll:

Any ideas, its driving me nuts! Its a d9
I call her Starbug 1, because she's green with intergalactic milage!! I do love my D8 diesel.
bargainbro
2.0 16v

Re: Water in the sill!!

Post by bargainbro »

I´ve had that prob once too. The drain holes in the d9 are located near the jacking points...
ed209
2.0 16v

Post by ed209 »

Cheers, are they obvious because I really can't see anything along the length of the sill :cry:
I call her Starbug 1, because she's green with intergalactic milage!! I do love my D8 diesel.
bargainbro
2.0 16v

Post by bargainbro »

Yes, they´re quite small and that is why all the sh*t gets stuffed in them blocking the water in. You´ll have to use some sort of wire to open them up. Just look where there are these small "slits" at the jacking points. They´re right there...
ed209
2.0 16v

Post by ed209 »

Found em, thanks for that.

The rear ones unblocked quite nicely, but the fronts were bunged up with a type of silicone rubber!! I had to remove it with a screwdriver!!

Job done, no more slooshing 8)