The Car (and jeep)

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

The Car (and jeep)

Post by FarmerPug »

I said i would put up some pics of the car once it passed the mot and it did today, so heres one of it after it got washed, the rest will be up some time.
The night before the MOT test i decided to move the bleeper for the parking sensors from above the amplifier in the boot to under the parcel shelf so i can hear it while rod stewarts blasting away about maggie may, but the old loyal friend is always close by when working on the car (doesnt do much though):
And heres it freshly washed and through the mot test:
Last edited by FarmerPug on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
CountryPug
2.0 Turbo

Re: The Car

Post by CountryPug »

Looks a very tidy car mate :)
Present - 95' 405 GLX TD
Previous - 01' 406 LX HDi
TooT
3.0 24v

Post by TooT »

Yep, looks like a good un. Either its my laptop screen or my eyes but looks to dark to be China Blue? is it?
2006 207 GT THP 150
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

China blue as you guys call it indeed it is, but the paint i had to buy touch up paint for it and i believe its calle rhodes du bleu, i dont have the tin but i can find out. I like the colour, a few stone chips and car park dings but only when you start looking for them, i havent cleaned the interior yet so no pics yet but heres one of it pulling the trailer for the lawnmower and suzuki:
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Got a few minor bits all just to remind me its a peugeot:
A new keyring, the first keyring on the keys (i have more keys just unclipped the car one for the photo):
Aluminium Valve Caps, they wont rust, and they are black so dont look tacky, and there is wee peugeot logos on them:
they even have a seal in the back of them:
Tax and Mot disk holders with a peugeot logo on the back, and moved them to the top to get a more useful view out of the windscreen:
All for less than £8, its all great if you like the peugeot lion logo.
Next major job coming up is replacing the caps on the numberplate screws.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

That's a nice trailer, could do with one of those here.

I'm all for the tiny touches, so long as they don't cost too much or prove a target for tealeaves. Not sure about the Peugeot lion keyring, I always think it makes it easier for someone to find your car if they swipe the keys off you, better to put a VW one on there or something, give their minds some exercise. Still, these days all they need to do is press a button and see which car says hello. I'll be looking for something light yet huge soon, in case I drop the damn key in the snow again (took me 3 days to find it last year :frown: ) Just now I have a keyring my wife bought me, it's an AK47 cartridge casing :shock: (So I'm told anyway, I couldn't tell it from a banana :lol: )
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

do your valve caps have little anti-theft screws on the sides ?

if so remove them , i once had to take my car to garage and get them put new valves on because that anti-theft screw went rusty inside and i couldnt remove the valve cap 8)
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

No i learnt my lesson from the fiat i got the silver ones which had fiat on them, not only did the screws rust but the whole valve cap was made of crap steel which rusted not a good look on a new fiat because i did get some unpleasent comments reminding me that fiat meant 'fix it again tommorow', and that it would just dissolve when it went through a puddle, but the 04 panda was a great car not a squeak or rattle, every control was tight and it had no rust issues, and i forgot to put antifreeze in it so its demise was my fault.

Back on track here, these new caps dont have the locking bolt, and they are aluminium (aloominum for the americans) so no rust. I dont worry about the keyring the car key itself has a big lion also, and i always keep the key close to me. Wouldnt mind getting it a tracker some time for it though,
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

were did you get the caps and keyring from , any links ?

wouldnt mind a good set of caps without the anti-theft cap lol
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

All on ebay.
The caps are aluminum, and the logo is painted on not the usual bob of plastic over a piece of paper of the logo so its more professional looking, and being black means you need to look closely to see they are fancy caps means thieves wont see them as easy. (came the next day in post)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 960wt_1141

The keyring is just a big shiney bit of metal probably laser cut, but seems good quality and quite snazzy when showing off the keys. (also next day delevery)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 638wt_1298

The tax disk holeders are just that they dont do much else, and to complain its the new peugeot logo, instead of the old blue one, anyhow heres the link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

cheers for that
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Heres the big clean for after the MOT spent 2 hours cleaning it and i think its clean now:
It was hoovered, using a torch just to be sure every bit of dirt was picked up:
The back footwell was bogging after the dog jumped through the car after rolling in muck, so heres the back footwell now:
Original foot mats are still here apart from the drivers one:
and the carpet:
In a normal interior you never think of cleaning the headlining, but with the cream it shows up every bit of dirt so it gets cleaned also:
and the seats all get both cleaned and some leather polish put into them to keep them soft (stops them drying out and cracking apparently) and free of creaks when driving:

It doesnt take much to keep the car clean, just take 2 hours each month and it keeps it from getting out of hand and all thats used is old rags, son of a gun, leather cleaner, and restorer, a damp cloth, a hoover and thats it, i dont mind the outside of the car getting dirty but the inside always has to be clean.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

406executiveHDI wrote:It was hoovered, using a torch
f*ck, that's a cool torch :lol:

Good job on the clean interior, just what I like to see.

I believe a clean interior preserves certain things like the cabin fan, the air flow flaps and such so well worth keeping on top of.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Do you mean 'THE DUCK'
The torch is a worx torch, powered by a 18v drill battery, best torch ive ever bought came as a box set of a worx drill, cordless jigsaw, and circular saw about 4 years ago (still on original bulb), can be directed to shine at the right place becaue of its bendy neck, and its battery is a good and heavy thing so it doent fall over, its only got a single bulb no led or million candle malarky but it does last a long time on the charge and is very useful.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Another pic of the car today on the farm beside the whiteheads at feeding time: