The Car (and jeep)

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: The Car (and jeep)

Post by FarmerPug »

All my tools and stuff from my old shed is being kept inside the old hen house which is incredibly small, so its a real nuisance at the moment trying to get anything, i had to remove everything yesterday to get the soldering iron. So i started today by ringing the man who will build the shed, and started with the windows, i was told to get windows, not perspex ones but proper windows, so i went to a local window manufacturer, asked for some rejects, and left with these two:
they were rejected because they were cut to the wrong size, but the pair cost me £60 so not cheap, but they are double glazed, and come with locking handles.

But at least the drawing for the sheds finished just waiting now for the wood, i also got hold of a nice maple floor from a hotel that was in a skip, will do the floor quite well.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

i closed the deal on the breaking 406, i plugged my pp2000 into it, and it seems to be a fuel pressure regulator valve is gone. The car starts and runs for a while then cuts out eventually, even quicker if you rev it hard. But anyhow i got it for £250 and collect it either tommorow or thursday. Its got good doors the same colour as my own, good dash, electric window switches, handles bootlid, boot badge, and bumper. And scrap values are quite high at the moment, and ive a few washing machines. Its a good bargain.
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

Did you say this was another HDi

Are you keeping it for spares for yourself or will you be selling anything off it?
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

indeed its anoter hdi, i was suprised to find out its a 110. Ill be keeping a few bodywork bits since its the same colour as my car, but sure some bits i can sell. There was a new set of injectors put in it, a new fuel pump, but after using the pp2000 i found the fault to be the fuel pressure regulator valve, i think its somewhere under the back seat. Dont know what needs doing to it, the owner was sickened with the trouble and is just selling it.
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

would you not make more cash fixing it then re-selling it ?
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

thats an option. The interior is completley shite, it stinks of diesel, theres a big container of diesel in the back must have leaked. The boot carpet is just completley unacceptable. And i dont know exactly what this part is, i just read the code and that was the problem. Ill start a new thread for this problem.
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

farmer have you got a link to the leather stuff you used other day .

were they match the colour. ?
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

the leather stuff here is the website of the company who made it:
http://www.liquidleather.com/

i used the scuffmaster kit, got it off ebay however:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 172wt_1141
you send them a sample of your leather, they get the colour made to suit, send it back, and it should be the correct colour, it was for me.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gliptone-Liquid-L ... 3991wt_907
however it does say use their cleaner first:

thankfully i got it free due to a delay in the postage.

and you do need to condition the leather after using the colour:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _670wt_907
its more common on ebay to get the conditioner and cleaner as a single purchase:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gliptone-Liquid-L ... 067wt_1141

you do need the cleaner and conditioner, it might be suggestive in the instructions but i strongly advise you get them, its amazing how much shite it cleans off the seats, and the conditioner shines it back up makes cracks less visible and smells of high quality leather.
My aunt liked the look of the stuff and has ordered a scuffmaster kit for her sofa, although the process is a bit time consuming, you have to post them a sample, they need to make it up and post it back, and it took 2 weeks for me, but well worth the wait.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Moreover, have you got a pic of your new 406'er Farmer?.........let the dogs see the rabbit an all that :P

After this I for one am keen on your progress shed wise in the near future, I bet you've got some wacky features planned for the new Woodenised Dwelling eh?
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

the new older broken 406 is purchased, i have the key, but i havent towed it home yet, but just look at a picture of mine, add a different numberplate, put in a cloth inteior, add a bit of rust to the sill on the drivers side, steel wheels, and a glx badge and you have it.

As for the shed, i have whacky plans yes, 2 doors, one single door on the side, then a double door on the front, which is what used to be the back of the old shed where the tft monitor was. whats special about the double door is it wont be a double door because they are rubbish, it will be a single 4 ft long door, with a smaller door inside it.
Fully insulated with the stuff B&Q has on offer. Then for the floor it will get a newish floor, but the house was flooded during december because of a burst pipe and most of the wooden floor was ruined, although what wasnt ruined is going into the shed, a shed with solid oak flooring :cheesy: . the house is getting new floors put in. Its getting the double glazed windows, plus a window in the single double door small door inside it jobbie will have a window in it. Lined with plywood on the walls, and i suppose ill paint the inside white to make stuff a bit easier to see. Thats the plan. Then the whacky stuff gets added on, no bsi to worry about.
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

thanks farmer. i will order the die kit when i see my new seats. only the front drivers needs doing were its worn getting in and out of the car :roll:

i have autoglym leather cleaner and conditioner so i will use them. its brilliant stuff
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

it might be quite good indeed, i have no doubt. But id advise using the gliptone stuff if your going to colour it in, especially the cleaner because the colour wont work if its not cleaned right.
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

i'm thinking maybe any leather die will do it mate. use my stuff first to clean it and just use a general black leather die to do the 1 side on drivers seat ..

we'll have to see how bad they are 1st . but to be honest i dont wanna be chuckin loads of cash at gliptone products cos seats only cost me £65

so i will probably go down the cheap route and use a general leater die rather than the scuffmaster kit which seems expensive stuff.
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

Gary, I just bought the scuffmaster itself rather than buying that kit

IIRC the cleaner and conditioner was cheaper on ebay, and the scuffmaster was cheapest direct from Glipstone, or it was when I purchased

I didn't bother sending a sample and just bought peugeot black
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

so is this the process ?

1. clean the leather with cleaner
2. use the scuffmaster or general die
3. condition the leather