The Focusaurus :) ... May Contains traces of Ford!

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Re: The Focusaurus :) ... May Contains traces of Ford!

Post by Gary406 »

Bailes1992 wrote:Oooo forgot to mention that I got 2 new back doors comming :) Both in the right colour too.
Also found out my colour code is A1 and going to try get some paint from local stockist which is a decent match to do my rear quater.
Then goto source new bumpers. Thinking of going for a MK1 and smoothing it like this...

I've also got the side skirts that are on the above Focus comming too :)
whats on that bonnet. seen a few cars with those on then i found this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-406-99-01 ... 230f0c1c74
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
jamjar1383
3.0 24v

Post by jamjar1383 »

thats a bonnet bra gary, bloody awful looking things
d9 hdi 90 rapier estate

"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence.
"Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

i kno. theres 1 on a VW golf mark 3 round my way. i thought when i saw it WTF is that :shock:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I saw loads of them in the Untied States, some sort of fashion thing perhaps. In the UK I bet they'd do a great job of keeping the moisture against the front of your bonnet so it rusts quicker. Or hiding an already rusty bonnet...
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

its suposed to be used on off roaders, but i dont see any point in them, on road cars they look sh*t. I seen one thinking someone had not removed the wrapping from a new car, except this was a 10+ year old corsa.
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

jamjar1383 wrote:thats a bonnet bra gary, bloody awful looking things
and what goes in a bra............yep a pair of tits :) :)

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement
Roylewaa
2.0 Turbo

Post by Roylewaa »

Looking good that Focus mate, wish it was as good as the donkey ive just bought :(

Is yours a 1.6?

Ive had to sell the 406 after the swap with the D9 fell through as I just couldint afford to run it so I bought a X plate 1.6 LX Focus for £575 last night, started it up this morning and when I revved it up the bottom end is knocking :(
Been looking for a reasonable cheap replacement engine but there rare as hens teeth, the ones on ebay are £300+
D8 2.1 TD saloon, oh yeah :)
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Roylewaa wrote:Looking good that Focus mate, wish it was as good as the donkey ive just bought :(

Is yours a 1.6?

Ive had to sell the 406 after the swap with the D9 fell through as I just couldint afford to run it so I bought a X plate 1.6 LX Focus for £575 last night, started it up this morning and when I revved it up the bottom end is knocking :(
Been looking for a reasonable cheap replacement engine but there rare as hens teeth, the ones on ebay are £300+
aww feck
you dont have much luck with cars do you :(

throw a different lump in it mate, iirc the last of the mk2 mondingo engines drop straight in

sorry to hear of your bad luck
can you not throw it back at the person who sold it you :roll:
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

Can you not get that engine repaired mate ?

sorry to hear the bad luck. nothing worse when you pay out a load of cash and it has a problem.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

It realy anoys me when someone rips someone off with a car,
theres no need for that, :evil:
take it back mate if its furked he shouid have some decency and hand you your cash back ,
Roylewaa
2.0 Turbo

Post by Roylewaa »

Ive tried ringing him but low and behold his phone is off :roll: To nick a phrase from Christine, the guy looked like he could drink boiling water and pi$$ icecubes, Its my own stupid fault, not giving it a good rev when I checked the engine over and test drove it, thinking back he was acting very dodgy, said he had the car 'a while' yet I noticed he'd only had it since the 18th March, really annoyed with myself as I didnt see it at the time

Its even worse now, at first it would only knock if revved to 5k, its now doing it at 2.5, and ive nursed it about, its getting a more predomenant knock now, at first I thought it was the shells and could be rescued but sounds far more terminal now
For the labour charges to rebuild it would be probably cheaper to fit a new lump

I dont really want to go down the fitting a bigger engine route as I went for the 1.6 for economical reasons, its really gutting as the bodywork is immaculate and it drives lovely, if you have the windows up and the radio turned up to drown out the knock :(

Theres an engine for sale locally, 70k on with a 60 day guarantee for £250, plus £50 to my brother in law to fit, really aint good having to shell out than for a car ive had 2 days, I miss the 406 :(

I neirly lost it and drove it round the scrapyard after I took it to the garage, when they heard it they went 'Wooahhh!, mate thats Fu@@ed! Never a good sign when a mechanic does that :(
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Roylewaa wrote:Ive tried ringing him but low and behold his phone is off :roll: To nick a phrase from Christine, the guy looked like he could drink boiling water and pi$$ icecubes, Its my own stupid fault, not giving it a good rev when I checked the engine over and test drove it, thinking back he was acting very dodgy, said he had the car 'a while' yet I noticed he'd only had it since the 18th March, really annoyed with myself as I didnt see it at the time

Its even worse now, at first it would only knock if revved to 5k, its now doing it at 2.5, and ive nursed it about, its getting a more predomenant knock now, at first I thought it was the shells and could be rescued but sounds far more terminal now
For the labour charges to rebuild it would be probably cheaper to fit a new lump

I dont really want to go down the fitting a bigger engine route as I went for the 1.6 for economical reasons, its really gutting as the bodywork is immaculate and it drives lovely, if you have the windows up and the radio turned up to drown out the knock :(

Theres an engine for sale locally, 70k on with a 60 day guarantee for £250, plus £50 to my brother in law to fit, really aint good having to shell out than for a car ive had 2 days, I miss the 406 :(

I neirly lost it and drove it round the scrapyard after I took it to the garage, when they heard it they went 'Wooahhh!, mate thats Fu@@ed! Never a good sign when a mechanic does that :(
sounds like its been Thrashed,
or maybe theyve been running it on the wrong oil they are a weak engine the 1.6s
Does it kick out any smoke ?
Roylewaa
2.0 Turbo

Post by Roylewaa »

Yeah, Ive found out the engines are weak as water from a few people since I bought it, Info that I wish I knew 2 days ago :(

Whats more annoying is I rang for a V plate 1.8LX just before I rang for the one ive got and the guy said he'd ring me back which he didnt until after I bought this one and then said I could have had it for £550, 100k with full service history and 1 owner. I can't dwell on that as I just get upset with myself for my sheer impatience :cry:

Its got an oil leak so I suspect it's been ran dry and killed the bottom end, It only smokes when you rev it hard, even then its morer greyish than blue
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Roylewaa wrote:Yeah, Ive found out the engines are weak as water from a few people since I bought it, Info that I wish I knew 2 days ago :(

Whats more annoying is I rang for a V plate 1.8LX just before I rang for the one ive got and the guy said he'd ring me back which he didnt until after I bought this one and then said I could have had it for £550, 100k with full service history and 1 owner. I can't dwell on that as I just get upset with myself for my sheer impatience :cry:

Its got an oil leak so I suspect it's been ran dry and killed the bottom end, It only smokes when you rev it hard, even then its morer greyish than blue
Make sure youve got breakdown cover and run it till it goes ,
it furked anyway so make the most out of it until an engine turns up,

Shame that %$&? not got a concience and been honest with you in the 1st place,
realy gets on my goat that id love to fire some Accrington brick through there windaz :evil:
Roylewaa
2.0 Turbo

Post by Roylewaa »

Yeah, Ive got AA roadside assistance, so when it does eventually go up its arse if ive got the family in I know we can be rescued.

Its an awful feeling driving a car you know aint well and could give up at any moment :(

Castration would be getting off lightly for the @rsehole I bought it off, I'm a believer in Karma so he'l get his up an cummings :evil:

Strangley enough the Mrs is quite understanding, I thought she would have grated my nuts off in my sleep for buying such a pup, she just says get a new engine in, job done