just took some pics, now its clean

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Re: just took some pics, now its clean

Post by waue1978 »

Gary406 wrote:lozz leave that engine bay alone. unless your cleaning it by hand. i wouldnt go jetwashing it if it was my motor. 8)

I always used to do it when I had access to the truck wash at work (but we don't any more unfortunately). As long as the engine is running & you don't aim it at any of the electrical bits it shouldn't cause a problem. You just have to use a bit of common sense with it. You'd be surprised how good it used to keep it under there. My 406 has loads of grubby bits in there that you just can't get to, but my old E39 Beemers were sparkling under there when I sold them. Another thing that I used to do (& still do) is spray tyre foam on the pipes & black plastic bits.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Cheers Waue,

icleaned the engine bay last night ijust used some rags and abit of parafin its come up like new,
theres no oil leaks to hide or anything but ilike a clean car and it saves getting manky if ever doing any work under the bonnet,

its not lost a drop of oil or water in the 10mths ive owned it not like someof the other cars ive had ... (Jap ones :roll: ) they lurve oil, :lol:
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

I used to spray a can of WD40 under the bonnet every now and again, to sort my engine bay out

Keeps plastics from going brittle
Stops belts from drying out
Keeps moisture out of the electrics
Helps the dirt to come off
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406