Bluish so bluuueee...

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
dbaguz
1.6 8v

Bluish so bluuueee...

Post by dbaguz »

I love this car very well... :-)
Photo taken yesterday in a warehouse in Indonesia.
Attachments
Bluish.jpg
(326.99 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
D8 1997 2.0 16V
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: Bluish so bluuueee...

Post by Welly »

Brilliant photo!

Do you know of member "k3nny" on here? he's from Indonesia but hasn't posted for a long time - he was modifying his 406 very nicely.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
dbaguz
1.6 8v

Post by dbaguz »

Welly wrote:Brilliant photo!
Do you know of member "k3nny" on here? he's from Indonesia but hasn't posted for a long time - he was modifying his 406 very nicely.
Hi, thanks...
i dont know k3nny, im newbie in this forum... But i know some cool 406 modified here. Maybe one of it is k3nny's... :cheesy:
D8 1997 2.0 16V
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Welly wrote:Do you know of member "k3nny" on here? he's from Indonesia
Do you know Luca from Italy? :P

Indonesia's a pretty big place :lol:
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
Welly

Post by Welly »

Yes I do know Luca, best friends in fact :lol:

I was only thinking that 406 ownership over there can't be that high, especially 'enthusiast' owners and that he may have been aware of k3nny in some way.

It was a long shot though, I'll give you that :wink: thinking more now it's a bit like me saying to a Londoner... "oh I have a friend in Scotland, have you seen him?" :oops: :oops:
Cars in my care:
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

The Wifely Person is Indonesian; we go there every year or so to see my in-laws. I see at least one 406 over there (never parked, so I can't leave a note on the windscreen) - always a different one every time though, I don't think I've seen the same one twice.

I've seen them in Jakarta (where Soekarno-Hatta Airport is) and Bogor (where my Wife is from), and on the road between the two cities.

That is a cracking photo and a really nice and well-cared-for example of a D8 406. Is that the car's original colour or has it had a respray? If it is original, can you tell us what the paint code is please? It should be a four-letter code printed on one of the suspension posts in the engine bay. There seem to be many shades of blue on the 406 - my old D9 saloon was China Blue, a really lovely pearlescent paint.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Welly

Post by Welly »

highlander wrote:I've seen them in Jakarta (where Soekarno-Hatta Airport is) and Bogor (where my Wife is from), and on the road between the two cities.
K3nny's from Jakarta, do you know him? :mrgreen:
Cars in my care:
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Oh yeah we go waaaaaaaaay back :cheesy:

About Indonesia (this may put it into perspective a bit!):

Indonesia has a population (2010 census) of 237,556,363. There are at least 13,400 islands in Indonesia, of which only 922 are populated on a permanent basis.

There are 9,580,000 people registered as living in the capital city of Jakarta itself, with a metropolitan area population estimated to be 28,020,000.

Bogor has a population of 949,066.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
dbaguz
1.6 8v

Post by dbaguz »

highlander wrote:The Wifely Person is Indonesian; we go there every year or so to see my in-laws. I see at least one 406 over there (never parked, so I can't leave a note on the windscreen) - always a different one every time though, I don't think I've seen the same one twice.

I've seen them in Jakarta (where Soekarno-Hatta Airport is) and Bogor (where my Wife is from), and on the road between the two cities.

That is a cracking photo and a really nice and well-cared-for example of a D8 406. Is that the car's original colour or has it had a respray? If it is original, can you tell us what the paint code is please? It should be a four-letter code printed on one of the suspension posts in the engine bay. There seem to be many shades of blue on the 406 - my old D9 saloon was China Blue, a really lovely pearlescent paint.
Im not yet notice about the paint code. Let me check it tomorrow and let you know. This car has original colour and no respray. I think it is same to your old D9, china blue.
Its nice to hear that you offently visit Indonesia... :D
D8 1997 2.0 16V
Mrs406
1.8 8v

Post by Mrs406 »

Brilliant picture!
First Car: 1992 Peugeot 205 1.8 TD (Owned: 2004-2007) White.
Second Car: 1993 Peugeot 205 1.8 TD (Owned: 2008-2009) Grey / Silver.
Third Car: 2001 Peugeot 406 LX Family 2.0 Petrol (Owned 2nd December 2011 onwards!) <-- MY RECENT PURCHASE

LOVE the LION and the LION will love YOU. ;)

Roooooaaaaaarrrrrr! :) (Nothing beats the Roar of a LION)