My new alloys

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Re: My new alloys

Post by highlander »

Lozz - they're after-market wheels (made by Mille Miglia); the Coupe starfish are entirely different. I bought these from ade1122 as they had been fitted to a Coupe that had ended up in his boneyard for breaking.

Waue - although they were supplied with spacers, I chose not to use them as I don't have Brembo calipers on my Coupe, and the wheels clear the Lucas calipers quite nicely without the need for the spacers.

I didn't get a chance to remove one of the bolts and inspect, but I did check the bolts were tight again before I drove home tonight - they didn't budge an inch, so I was happy enough to drive home. I'm not going to leave it like this though, I'll take a bolt off as soon as I get to work tomorrow (it'll be about light enough to see by then) and check the shape of the recess.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

The wheels are Mille Miglia T12 alloys with a 19 inch diameter and a 4x108 stud pattern. And they seem to be reasonably rare; I don't think the company exists any more (or if it does, it will be under a different name) - the website http://www.millemiglia.co.uk doesn't exist any more, and I can't find an Italian equivalent. The name and logo used are the same as that of the famous Mille Miglia (literally translates to "1000 mile") road race, so maybe the licensing for that brand lapsed. I dunno.

Two of them are fitted with 235/35/ZR19 91W Sunny SN3970 tyres with 7mm minimum tread depth and the other two are fitted with 235/35/ZR19 91W Semperit Sport tyres with a minimum 5mm tread depth. The rolling circumference is 0.7% larger than it was on the Hoggars, so the speedo hasn't really been affected.

They are wider than the tyres that were fitted to my Hoggars, though, so they rub slightly when on full lock :( I suspect I may need spacers - the wheels were supplied with them, but my brother says they're not hubcentric, and that fitting those would be bad. The offset of the alloys is 20, apparently. I have no idea what that means and whether or not I need spacers to make them fit the Coupe better.

Today was a busy day again, so didn't get a chance to check the bolts out. Am off work tomorrow though, so will check them out in the actual daylight and see what's what. I really hope it turns out I've been paranoid and that the bolts I'm using are the right shape, but my luck probably disallows that. Fingers crossed (and fingers crossed it's not pissing with rain tomorrow too)!
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Crisis over!

The bolts are the right shape to fit the recesses in the alloys - there's a sort of "bowl" shape surrounding the hole for each bolt that matches the shape of the bolt correctly.

The other 15 bolts are now perfectly secure and don't loosen of their own accord at all. I will still be keeping an eye on these for a while but I won't be too worried while driving with these wheels fitted.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

that is very nice mate. very nice coupe with those wheels on. love them 8)
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)