my peugeot 406 1.9 td lx estate

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
Carnutter83

my peugeot 406 1.9 td lx estate

Post by Carnutter83 »

hiya all. i am new at this but here goes. this is my 406 diesel estate. i got it off my sister. it has got 167k on it and still going very well.
it needs a lot of work on the body but that is fine with as i love doing this.
i have put new front dicks and ebc green stuff pads on it.
its got 406 coupe wheels on it that i got off ebay. here are some pics of it.
i have put a cone filter on it and a oil catch tank. new intercooler pipe as the old one went.
here are some pics of the body damage
i have all body panels to fix the body and facelift all with bumpers and light. that i am going to start doing this year
i have all so got a 40mm lowing kit for it that i will be fitting at the weekend
here are the 18" that i am doing for it.
let me know what you think. its going to time to do but i hae always loved 406s and with a 3 month old babe a estate was the car for me. i think when it is done it will look really nice.
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Re: my peugeot 406 1.9 td lx estate

Post by jonsowman »

They're mechanically very reliable cars and if you're prepared to put some time in to tidy the bodywork up a bit then so much the better.

I'm sure it'll serve you very well :)

I really like the wheels by the way.
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

First job for you must be to replace those cracked side-repeater (indicator) lenses and any other lenses (headlights, etc) because that's an instant MOT failure.

Here's what I'd do, and in the order I'd do it in:

1) Replace the lenses (as above)
2) Give the interior a good thorough cleaning (no offence to your sister, but why do so many women let their car interiors get so messy?) and ditch the steering wheel cover. Replace the ashtray as well if the green paint won't come off.
3) Floor mats for the interior (the actual carpets don't look to be in bad condition, mats will keep 'em that way)
4) Replace the missing passenger airbag cover
5) Replacement rear bumper
6) Paintwork repair on all the body panels (stop rust from setting in)
7) Find and fit a nice cheap leather interior from a 406 D8 "Executive" (including a leather steering wheel)
8) Find and fit a pair of front-facing fog lamps (should technically be quite easy to install on a D8 like yours)

The wheels you've found are nice - one looks like it could really use a refurb, but I'd also replace the centre caps with a set of Peugeot ones (measure the size and check the fitment of the ones that came with the wheels and find a set on eBay that has the same size and looks like it has the same fitment method). Will certainly lift the car's appearance.

Otherwise it looks to be a good solid car; I can't see any signs of rust on your photos, and if the engine runs well I don't see any reason why you couldn't get another 100,000 miles out of this motor - just keep an eye on the cambelt change intervals.

Enjoy the motor, look forward to seeing it again once you've done your bodywork fixes!
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Carnutter83

Post by Carnutter83 »

yeah i have got a set of lenses coming. got them off ebay. lol
it really needs cleaning. she didnt like it only had it as her mondeo was being fixed. ( by me)
i am trying to find a airbag cover but cant find one..
i have got the bumpers just waiting for me to paint them .
i would love to put leather in it. but got to wait till i have the money :(
no tere is no rust on the car anywhere at all. that i am really happy about
but it will take time but should look very good when done..
i am really happy with the car.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Carnutter83 wrote:yeah i have got a set of lenses coming. got them off ebay. lol
Nothing wrong with that! Hell, if Peugeot still make the airbag cover for the D8, then they'll probably charge you an arm, a leg, and a nut for the privilege, so why not get one in good shape off an eBay breaker?

Just look on eBay for "Peugeot 406 breaking", find a D8 amongst the results, then contact the seller to ask for the price of the passenger airbag cover.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Carnutter83

Post by Carnutter83 »

cool. thank you. didnt think of that. do you know if i could put d9 bumper and grill on my car with d8 lights and bonnet and wings?
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

I'm not sure, unfortunately - I've only ever had D9s. I think Bailes1992 was looking into it at one point for his old D8 estate; maybe he could tell you more?
Carnutter83

Post by Carnutter83 »

ok thank you. i'll ask him. i would just put d9 light on it but the plugs are not the same. :( and i really wanted to facelift it.
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Post by waue1978 »

Carnutter83 wrote:cool. thank you. didnt think of that. do you know if i could put d9 bumper and grill on my car with d8 lights and bonnet and wings?
The D9 grill is a lot narrower than the D8. To fit any D9 front end bits you're pretty much resigned to changing the whole lot due to the much larger headlights.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

Carnutter83

Post by Carnutter83 »

oh right thank you. i will have to change the pluges for my lights on the loom. dose anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram for both d8 and d9 from?
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Ive seen a white d8 floating about with a d9 grille on it,

Black n decor jigsaw job id guess,