Coupe S&B

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
NineWhileNine
1.6 8v

Coupe S&B

Post by NineWhileNine »

Pictured on the day I brought her home almost 2 years ago.

Done:- DAB/MP3 Head Unit - DAB Aerial - Strut Brace - Air Freshener

To do:- Sort Wiper Stalk Button - Stainless Steel Dials or Blue Illumination - Renew Air Freshener

Last edited by NineWhileNine on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
1987 Fiat X1/9
2002 406 Coupe S&B 2.2 Petrol Manual
Done: JVC KD-DB101 into stock JBL Amp/Speaker & Stalk Control - DAB Aerial - Strut Brace - De-badged - Flip Key Fob - Air Freshener
To Do: Trip Computer/Stalk Button - Renew Air Freshener
Ares
3.0 24v

Re: Coupe S&B

Post by Ares »

Looks very clean and nice,this silver color is really good for hiding small scratches,i know,my is also silver.
anyway,nice car
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Very, nice. 8)

Not many 2.2 petrols about - I sense you'll be hearing from a tall, dark, stranger offering exhaust advice in the near future. :P
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Well, tall-ish:

Someone say something about shiny rust-free custom-built sports exhaust systems? :cheesy:
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

NineWhileNine wrote:Pictured on the day I brought her home almost 2 years ago.

Done:- DAB/MP3 Head Unit - DAB Aerial - Strut Brace - Air Freshener

To do:- Sort Wiper Stalk Button - Stainless Steel Dash Clocks or Blue Illumination - Renew Air Freshener

lovely car mate, 8)
NineWhileNine
1.6 8v

Post by NineWhileNine »

Ares wrote:Looks very clean and nice,this silver color is really good for hiding small scratches,i know,my is also silver.
anyway,nice car
Thanks Ares, silver is also good for appearing cleaner for longer 8)
Doggy wrote:Very, nice. 8)

Not many 2.2 petrols about - I sense you'll be hearing from a tall, dark, stranger offering exhaust advice in the near future. :P
Cheers Doggy!
highlander wrote:Well, tall-ish:

Someone say something about shiny rust-free custom-built sports exhaust systems? :cheesy:
Hey Graeme, from that angle and in that light yours looks like a Ferrari 360! :wink:

I'll certainly keep you in mind for advice when it comes for an exhaust renewal 8)
lozz wrote:lovely car mate, 8)
Cheers lozz!
1987 Fiat X1/9
Done: JVC KD-DB101 into stock JBL Amp/Speaker & Stalk Control - DAB Aerial - Strut Brace - De-badged - Flip Key Fob - Air Freshener
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Nice car mate, highlander i thought you were Adam Ferrara from top gear usa at first there :roll: What is the price of a 406 stainless anyway? mines the 2.0hdi 110 estate.
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

I don't have a better picture of me (actually I don't have any other picture of me to hand anyway)

That actually is a real Ferrari 360 (not a 406 Coupe conversion) which I had a wee shot of round Elvington Airfield on a Driving Experience Day I was given as a present for my 30th birthday (back in 2010). Ace car, but it's an axe-murderer, and not for a driver with big feet like me (I wear UK size 12 shoes, but they have to be wide in order to fit me properly). Problem with it is the width of the accelerator pedal its proximity of the much-wider brake pedal; my foot kept getting stuck on the accelerator, trapped under the brake pedal :shock:

PowerFlow exhausts - on my 1.8 Saloon, the cat-back exhaust system was £320 - inclusive of VAT, labour, parts, and a lifetime guarantee (for as long as you own the car, and as long as you take it back there every year for a free inspection).

On the 2.2 Coupe it cost me £360 (more steel involved as the pipe is a much larger diameter).

They ask you how you want your exhaust to behave (i.e. designed to be a straight-up replacement for the OEM system, or to maximize performance), how you want it to sound (i.e. you ask them to make it quiet when cruising and loud when you put the hammer down; they can do that), and how you want it to look (i.e. you can have a single or dual-exit exhaust, you get to pick your choice of tail pipe design too). If you're feeling flush, PowerFlow can also create stainless steel exhaust manifolds and supply sports catalysts, but for naturally-aspirated petrol engines it's probably not going to make a huge difference to performance.

You come back a couple of hours later, and it's ready for you.

Incidentally, if anyone has a 1.8 petrol saloon or estate, I still have the exhaust system; just let me know if you want it and make me an offer for it. Unfortunately it's not suitable for the 2.0 petrol engine; we checked and the pipe diameters were just too different.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
NineWhileNine
1.6 8v

Post by NineWhileNine »

highlander wrote: Ace car, but it's an axe-murderer, and not for a driver with big feet like me (I wear UK size 12 shoes, but they have to be wide in order to fit me properly). Problem with it is the width of the accelerator pedal its proximity of the much-wider brake pedal; my foot kept getting stuck on the accelerator, trapped under the brake pedal :shock:
Sounds hairy :shock: Just as well you were on a track and not on the roads in the vicinity of buildings, dry stone walls and the like :wink:
1987 Fiat X1/9