the taxi putt putt

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
CBDSonline
1.8 8v

the taxi putt putt

Post by CBDSonline »

just a wee pic of the taxi. once i get the dash LED change i will ad a couple more pics..

added internal door opening handle lights

leather door cards with working puddle lights (not fitted as standard to the car. I fitted and wired the lights up) it was fun..

First try at colour change on the mfd.

406 D9 2002 in Met blue . Full leather interior. Fully working puddle lights (LED's). Both interior lights work from the front switched light (LED's). Door handle Lights (internal LED's). Yup i love LED's but not as much as the BSI does .
omega
3.0 24v

Re: the taxi putt putt

Post by omega »

very nice
Ares
3.0 24v

Post by Ares »

Nice job with the leather and puddle light,i dont have it but sometimes it proves to be of great importance when i got out of the car and sink like titanic :lol:
CBDSonline
1.8 8v

Post by CBDSonline »

Air-con led change to white buttons and blue display.

Dash led change to white dials and blue needles with blue millage lcd.

Will have to have another go with the clock lcd because its too dark this time. :(
406 D9 2002 in Met blue . Full leather interior. Fully working puddle lights (LED's). Both interior lights work from the front switched light (LED's). Door handle Lights (internal LED's). Yup i love LED's but not as much as the BSI does .
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

The clock is back-lit by (I think) three normal filament bulbs - looks like one of yours has gone out and needs replacing.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Cool! I like the find-me door handles I bet you got fed up with pissed up punters ferreting about all over for the door handle :roll:

Out of interest, another Taxi'er on here ages ago complained that the rear carpets wear quickly when carrying passengers and even break-through into big holes? coupled with the amount of times people kicked those pesky sill rubbers off and it got a right pain in the arse.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

highlander wrote:The clock is back-lit by (I think) three normal filament bulbs - looks like one of yours has gone out and needs replacing.
That sounds about right i had to change two of mine their cheaper on the bay of e than motor factors i found. Easy job to do.

I do like that quite funky. :mrgreen:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
Roylewaa
2.0 Turbo

Post by Roylewaa »

I had a D9 that had been a taxi with 240k on (still ran really well) however the rear carpets were shot due to women and their high heels, all ripped along the backs where it goes vertical
Ive been in another 406 taxi that was the same, the driver said the carpets went pretty soon after the car was commisioned as a taxi :(
D8 2.1 TD saloon, oh yeah :)
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

Wow... how did you get the air con panel to light up blue.... and the clocks for that matter! Please show us :)