Another Mondeo ;)

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
Roylewaa
2.0 Turbo

Another Mondeo ;)

Post by Roylewaa »

Thought id show a few pics of my Mondeo workhorse, she's been in the family for a few years and ive had her about 4 months, so reliable I havent got the heart or inclination to get rid as I would jump in and drive anywhere

212k, full service history, and for the last 3 years at least oil and filters have been changed every 6 months, hardly any smoke, loads of torque with being an early variable vane turbo and good on juice

Few pics, mods ive done are Richbrook gearknob and tax disc holder, Lexarse lights (which I now hate and plan to tint as I chucked the original lights out as one was damaged) 17" Ghia X alloys, leather steering wheel from a Ghia, wind deflectors and rear tints

Clutch and the dredded DMF was done at 180k so no worries on that front, many a Mondeo was gone to the scrapyard in the sky because of DMF faliure as it a 600 quid job, an on a 12 year old Mondeo it pretty much is the cars value

Here's what I sold recently, and bought my D8 2.1 TD with and still had £400 left :cheesy:
Horrid car, looked nice, but barely would do 20 mpg and always going wrong
D8 2.1 TD saloon, oh yeah :)
midsmike
3.0 24v

Re: Another Mondeo ;)

Post by midsmike »

Mate don't tint them light just put sum cheap tights round them it looks gd and then u can just take them off if u sell the car
1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td executive saloon silver,d9 mods 18" dare v2 alloys In Phase XTC 6.5″ 240W Component Speakers up front and Vibe Slick 6x9 Three Way Speakers - Slick 693 in the rear runing off a Alpine MRV-F307 V12 Series amp and a vibe cbr 12 twin evo sub in the boot. 1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td lx saloon red
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

The mondey looks tidy mate 8)

ilove the Mk3s, only problems ive had with them is the Rear Brake calipers , there a pig for seizing up,

Id Get rid of them lights mate, they Ruin the look of the car Imho.

Standard ones look much better,
Roylewaa
2.0 Turbo

Post by Roylewaa »

Thanks chaps, the handbrake is the only consistant problem both myself and my father in law have had with the car, 1 caliper has been changed, however the other side is now partially seized so the handbrake is pretty naff, just scraped though the mot with an advisory on it

Ive heard and read that the Police don't like it when you use tights on back lights?

Ideally I want a set of late plate Mk3 Standard back lights fitted to the last ones before the Mk4

Just fitted the trip computer slalk and trip enabled clocks from a later tdci, much nicer clocks and I now have a trip computer :cheesy: although ive lost 102k now :supafrisk:
D8 2.1 TD saloon, oh yeah :)