My Beautiful ''Miss Pug'' [A Working Progress!]

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: My Beautiful ''Miss Pug'' [A Working Progress!]

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Sonia406 wrote:
waue1978 wrote:I thought you already had electric rear windows in yours? The door lights are easy enough to wire up, but don't bank on getting them working. Never managed to get them activated on mine even though the wiring was there & somebody activated it on Peugeot Planet for me.
Interesting, I do have electric windows all around, but unsure how to get the switches out of the back door cards.. Think I need to remove the handle, can't see ANY screws that are holding it in place though?! :shock:

I best get PP working very very fast then hadn't I :shock:
You not got your pp2000 working yet :shock: , :wink:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Sonia406 wrote:Not too happy I found another cable tie earlier..

Not happy that the centre bolt at the front of the sump guard snapped as I was taking it out - so even I had to do a cable tie job..... :shock: :evil:

Not exactly sure which pipes these are and why they are covered in what appears to be oil:

I had suspected it was something to do with the power steering fluid, but upon wiping, it looks like oil:

Earlier today:
Sonia,
Power steering fluid is OIL :shock:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:

Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

dirtydirtydiesel wrote:

Not happy that the centre bolt at the front of the sump guard snapped as I was taking it out - so even I had to do a cable tie job..... :shock: :evil:

Not exactly sure which pipes these are and why they are covered in what appears to be oil:

I had suspected it was something to do with the power steering fluid, but upon wiping, it looks like oil:

Earlier today:
Sonia,
Yeah - but you know, it's not red.......... ? :lol:
dirtydirtydiesel wrote:
Sonia406 wrote:
waue1978 wrote:I thought you already had electric rear windows in yours? The door lights are easy enough to wire up, but don't bank on getting them working. Never managed to get them activated on mine even though the wiring was there & somebody activated it on Peugeot Planet for me.
Interesting, I do have electric windows all around, but unsure how to get the switches out of the back door cards.. Think I need to remove the handle, can't see ANY screws that are holding it in place though?! :shock:

I best get PP working very very fast then hadn't I :shock:
You not got your pp2000 working yet :shock: , :wink:
Don't even ask :evil:
I need it working now!
'Miss Pug' Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Petrol 'Family' Estate.
6th December 2011 - November 2014
24th January 2017 - Current (I bought her back!)
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

OK today has been a productive day, despite my on-going soaring temperature (it's reached 107 today, let's just say I think my body has blown a gasket...)

Anyhows:

In summary, I have done today:
Both front door cards, which included un-doing the additional wiring for the courtesy light.
I have then got bored of the door cards (haven't done the rear ones) and thought let's do some trim....
Taken off the rear boot trim, both the little one that runs along the rear quarter window with a grille looking on top, the rear side panels too (where the speaker/tweeter is)
Put on the beige seat belt for the middle row (OS)

Some idiot took off the seat belt D (which is just under said grille looking trim), thinking it was for the middle seat belt.... Only to discover no, it was actually for the rearest row of seats... so said trim will have to come back off to re-fit the seat belt...

Not bad progress for a woman who isn't feeling too well today...

On other news, Miss Pug hasn't been started for a week or so, she really didn't feel right on tick over this afternoon. :cry: :cry:
I have to fit these spark plugs and I suspect a coil pack may need doing. Hoping these spark plugs sort the problem.
(It's like she's trying to stall. It sort of feels like there isn't enough fuel getting through. I revved at over 3000 rev, she seemed fine, but as soon as I took my foot away she begged for me to come back. Very very nearly cutting out completely. the rev needle went down to 0.5 rev, maybe a bit below...)

By the way, what is normal tickover for a 2.0 petrol?

Now, let's hit you with some pictures - Some will of seen on my FB the 'before and after' shot... I nearly forgot to take the before shot, you can see I had already got started taking it all apart :lol: :oops:

Before & After (Passenger front)

I took this photo so I knew which way round the electric mirror electrics went...

Before:

Passenger side: You can see the additional electrics for the light all neatly tucked away. That tape was evil to get off, sticky wasn't the word...

Now, my drivers side door card had been lose for a while - turns out it HAD been taken off before. Who ever put it back didn't put it on PROPERLY. Same person also slashed the white stuff (I can't remember what's it called, evap stuff?)

My trick of the trade at the moment is black insulation tape....
I had to try and patch it back up, it made me depressed to see it in such a state.

Rear pillar (as a moment of madness I did think to myself, If I strip the seats and all this crap trim - how much FASTER would she go!) :lol:

Here is where I would be interested to hear from other BEIGE from FACTORY owners:
Are all the lower trims in yours grey? I understand from the chap I got these from that the front dashboard is grey in all beige cars - and the glovebox too. However, the boot to me doesn't look right, is there beige panels in yours? If so, where?

The change over

Is that the name of this colour of beige?

Now off to literally, CHILL, I may just have to stick myself in someones freezer, who has a chest freezer?

Thanks to FarmerPug, whose videos help me no end, especially the door card removal.
Also, a thanks to Stu who phoned me to advise how to put the door card on - and told me I had to remove the triangle plastic behind the mirror. :)
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Post by waue1978 »

The guy was lying about them all having grey lower dash trim. The boot carpet is usually beige (but you won't get a beige set of rear seats so you're best off leaving it with grey trim & saying it's for contrast). The dash trim would usually either be beige or black with a beige interior. Easiest option for you considering you have the grey carpet though would be to go for the black. May look odd for a while, but I reckon the beige/grey/black combination would grow on you. Especially if you got the black wood trims for it.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

waue1978 wrote:The guy was lying about them all having grey lower dash trim. The boot carpet is usually beige (but you won't get a beige set of rear seats so you're best off leaving it with grey trim & saying it's for contrast). The dash trim would usually either be beige or black with a beige interior. Easiest option for you considering you have the grey carpet though would be to go for the black. May look odd for a while, but I reckon the beige/grey/black combination would grow on you. Especially if you got the black wood trims for it.
Cheers Stu... Did think that but he showed me his 2.0 petrol exec and that looked like grey... mind you it was dark, so was probably black?
I must admit I am going for a contrast - mono chrome look, so black and beige would be perfect for me...
I also admit I want to get black wood trims... I think I mentioned that when I picked up the alloys... can't stand this wood trim, looks so old fashioned to me... but that's probably because we had the same in our 405 exec estate... I just want a change... Let me know if you see any on Flea bay! :lol:

Thanks again Stu, your help today has been awesome!
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I'm not sure about the beige trims with the grey roof lining - they all like that? I'll have to have a better look later (need to water before it gets dark) but I noticed this:
Sonia406 wrote:Is that the name of this colour of beige?
Trim pass (enger compartment perhaps) wheel (housing?) beige - what bit was this?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Post by waue1978 »

Sonia406 wrote:I also admit I want to get black wood trims... I think I mentioned that when I picked up the alloys... can't stand this wood trim, looks so old fashioned to me... but that's probably because we had the same in our 405 exec estate... I just want a change... Let me know if you see any on Flea bay! :lol:

Thanks again Stu, your help today has been awesome!
No prob. Not often that I have any expertise in anything so I make the most of it when there is something!

You may struggle to get the trims as they always seem to be in demand, but if you're handy with a bit of vinyl, you could always cover your originals. Glovebox & drivers dash are easy to get off, but the ones on the doors take a bit of patience with some needle-nose pliers.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Remember......
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Sonia - before you get too carried away, you can't put your boot seatbelts back on with the beige boot trim as there is no slot for the extra belt.. :roll:

As you know my interior is tan, although the whole boot area is grey fabric which is more durable and easy to scrub clean or replace. I personally would keep the grey trim, just have beige cards and seats.... 8) 8) 8)

Looking good so far though.

Keep your eye out for a Rapier being broken as this has more chance of having black ash trim ( don't forget the ashtray ) - it would look so much nicer with the beige - and you can practice colour coding or vinyl coating your old walnut ones.??

Look at the ' wood trim removal ' thread for trim removal and possibilities.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Sonia406 wrote:
dirtydirtydiesel wrote:

[url=http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/Sonia ... e.jpg.html][img]http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/Sonia_Minchi

Sonia,
Yeah - but you know, it's not red.......... ? :lol:

(Yeah but it don't look red after years of use & leeking out under engine bay & picing up all assosiated muck :oops:)

Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

Doggy wrote:Remember......
Oh yes...... Looks so nice!!
GingerMagic wrote:Sonia - before you get too carried away, you can't put your boot seatbelts back on with the beige boot trim as there is no slot for the extra belt.. :roll:

As you know my interior is tan, although the whole boot area is grey fabric which is more durable and easy to scrub clean or replace. I personally would keep the grey trim, just have beige cards and seats.... 8) 8) 8)

Looking good so far though.

Keep your eye out for a Rapier being broken as this has more chance of having black ash trim ( don't forget the ashtray ) - it would look so much nicer with the beige - and you can practice colour coding or vinyl coating your old walnut ones.??

Look at the ' wood trim removal ' thread for trim removal and possibilities.
BEFORE I get carried away, um a little late for that.... :shock: :oops:
Did they make 7 seater rapiers? I think you are right, get rid of the beige trim - but if possible I want black :lol: Vinyl coating - now there's an idea :D
I shall definitely check out that thread, many thanks Ginger :wink:

dirtydirtydiesel wrote: (Yeah but it don't look red after years of use & leeking out under engine bay & picing up all assosiated muck :oops:)
I suppose you are right........... :shock:
List of jobs are mounting up... I am just hoping the spark plugs solve her idle issues and I don't have to get a coil pack, they are a few pretty pennies :lol:
Me, tight, never! :lol:
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

From what I have just seen, even rapiers have the grey trim and panels in the boot............ Depressed isn't the word :frown: :cry:
I have it all pictured in my head how I want the car to look - maybe that vinyl wrapping isn't such a bad idea.... Put my real skills to the test :lol:
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Sonia406 wrote:From what I have just seen, even rapiers have the grey trim and panels in the boot............ Depressed isn't the word :frown: :cry:
I have it all pictured in my head how I want the car to look - maybe that vinyl wrapping isn't such a bad idea.... Put my real skills to the test :lol:
Sonia,
I can confirm that Rapiers are all grey in the boot :roll: , if you want black trim pannel's you can paint them using stuff called vinyl cote 40, I.I.R.C :?:
Don't know how durable it would be in a boot area but this stuff is ment for colour changes & it bonds / dies the item so should do the job you want, might not be very cheep thou. 8)
Oh & on the subject of your power steering fluid, I wouldn't worry just make shure it's topped up to the max & check it's not dropping to quickly. If it needs 100mls or so once a year is not worth worrying about I.M.H.O :cheesy:

Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

dirtydirtydiesel wrote:
Sonia406 wrote:From what I have just seen, even rapiers have the grey trim and panels in the boot............ Depressed isn't the word :frown: :cry:
Sonia,
I can confirm that Rapiers are all grey in the boot :roll: , if you want black trim pannel's you can paint them using stuff called vinyl cote 40, I.I.R.C :?:
Don't know how durable it would be in a boot area but this stuff is ment for colour changes & it bonds / dies the item so should do the job you want, might not be very cheep thou. 8)
Oh & on the subject of your power steering fluid, I wouldn't worry just make shure it's topped up to the max & check it's not dropping to quickly. If it needs 100mls or so once a year is not worth worrying about I.M.H.O :cheesy:

Thanks... Must admit I wrote on my blog about painting the material trim... Not sure how to attack the plastic trim though, with the texture it is it may make vinyl coating a bit difficult... I certainly won't be giving up, I will get her as I want her!

Re: P.S fluids.... to be honest, I had checked and it looked full!