The sun , the sea, my pug

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
wes1001
2.0 16v
Location: Sticky out bit, right on the tip of Kent, practically in the channel !!

The sun , the sea, my pug

Post by wes1001 »

Hers some pics of me baby taken today with the lovely sun a shining and the sweet smell of the sea wafting across the glade :cheesy:

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Looks very nice, you could do with some 'dressing' on the tyres :wink: we only like pictures with tyre dressing :cheesy:

I can sort of forgive you for the lexarse lights, they are a lot better than the usual bright chrome jobs.

Rear wash wipe 8)

Those seats are sooo much better than my D9 'deck chairs' I don't know why they changed them.

Is that a Coupe back box?

Overall, well done fella.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
wes1001
2.0 16v
Location: Sticky out bit, right on the tip of Kent, practically in the channel !!

Post by wes1001 »

:arrowu:

Cheers Welton, i know, the lights really are a marmite issue but i tried to go for the most subtle ones i could find.
Not sure about the backbox - from Auto Continental in Stoke On Trent - , phoned them up when the old one went and told them what model my car was and that was what they sent ( part no. PG531 ). Fitted perfectly and for £58 quid all in seemed a bargain :mrgreen:

Next some nice 17" alloys methinks
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Very nice mate 8)
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

I see what you mean Dai about the difference in D8 and D9 leather seats. The D8's are similar to the coupe, but here's a photo of the coupe leathers. Coupe leathers are the same design, but D8's have a "holed" effect to the leather on the sides, and the leather seems smoother.

In comparison to wes's D8 leathers, yours remind me of a Rover P6 for some reason.
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

Anyway, back on topic, some good photos there, and the car looks in cracking condition. Nice one Wes.
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Left in gear, handbrake pointed at the sky... ;)

Nicely kept car mate. Your exhaust is of particular interest to me, as I've just had mine replaced. Kwik fit put me on one that looks just like that except with a chrome trim. The oval was lopsided and the end stuck out way too far. It may just be the picture, but it looks like yours fits that description too. I guess they've used a coupe exhaust (can any coupe owner check to see if their oval is rotated from the silencer?). Luckily I got the Kwik fit to cut a load off, bend it up slightly and fit a trim flush with the bumper...

As for the lexarse lights... congratulations on finding some almost subtle ones, they look a lot better than most, especially against your silver paintwork :)

Do you have a rear washer jet? Does it fire upwards, and does any water reach the window when the car's moving? I ask because I can't see a bump at the top where they usually are for rear windows on other cars
Welly

Post by Welly »

mjb wrote:Do you have a rear washer jet? Does it fire upwards, and does any water reach the window when the car's moving? I ask because I can't see a bump at the top where they usually are for rear windows on other cars
I bet it has 'James Bond' style built-in washer jets on the wiper arm itself.

I used to love the way my old 405 would spray loads of jets directly onto the screen from the wiper arm, that was really good. Don't know why they stopped that on the 406 :frown:
Cars in my care:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Easy enough to do welts, all you need is a bit of washer hose and a couple of connectors... and some of those very small cable ties 8)
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Welly

Post by Welly »

Are you Heath Robinson?
Cars in my care:
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

That sounds like a brilliant idea! It could keep all the water more or less on the top side of the wiper meaning you get a 'dry' downstroke... :)
Welly

Post by Welly »

You know what, I still havem't worked out why my headlamp washers don't work :oops:
Cars in my care:
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

I still haven't worked out if I've got 'em or not! :oops:

Can't seem to pry up the lumps on the top of the bumper, so either I ain't got 'em or they're well seized up
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

Welton wrote: I used to love the way my old 405 would spray loads of jets directly onto the screen from the wiper arm, that was really good. Don't know why they stopped that on the 406 :frown:
I remember them on my 405, and never understood why it wasn't used on other cars since.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Welton wrote:Are you Heath Robinson?
Yeah, Robbo to my mates though :cheesy: