My Old Mowtah

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
Bailes1992

Re: My Old Mowtah

Post by Bailes1992 »

Welly wrote:
Not sure how this new breed of stressed and emissions strangled cars will fair.....

I'm optomistic. I mean we thought nothing up VW or Mitsubushi or even Subaru bringing out a 300bhp 2.0 4pot engine but everyone looses their minds at a 140bhp 1.0 3potter. Why? Everything is beefed up to cope.

I know of a 2010 Renault Kangoo 1.5dci on 470k with nothing more than usual wear and tear service items!
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

There's no problem at all, if you're prepared to bin it at 5 years and buy a new one. 300bhp from a 2 litre? I'm sure that's been designed for the shopping run...
Bailes1992 wrote:a 2010 Renault Kangoo 1.5dci on 470k
I have witnessed a miracle! :shock: It just goes to show no matter how bad the reputation is they don't always expire in a cloud of black smoke.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Extended service intervals are a big problem IMO. Manufacturers stretching intervals to please the Lease Companies so now we're seeing 5 year old cars than have only had 2 oil changes......

The Shitroen DV6 time bomb is having 6-monthly oil changes I'm just hoping it's enough.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Is it worth losing any sleep over? I mean, is it actually worth much?

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Is the Citroen worth much? on paper I guess it would be £3K I dunno it would just be a shame to see it eat itself for the sake of a £40.00 oil change every 6 months, and it's our main transportation solution at the moment so all kinds of sh*t will ensue if it was off the road.

I might even change the oil myself from now on (shock-horror) although I still recall the 406 HDi I did at home and the resultant 'Exxon Valdez' oil spill shocker :shock:

Like this chappy:

-CN0IvUjASU
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Oh dear :lol: I suspect he dropped the plug into the funnel and, er, plugged it.

The only time I ever made a mess was getting the oil from the tray into the bottle, that bit where you think "well, phew the hard bit's over with no accidents, the rest is down... er, down my sleeve :roll: "
Welly wrote: Is the Citroen worth much? on paper I guess it would be £3K I dunno it would just be a shame to see it eat itself for the sake of a £40.00 oil change every 6 months, and it's our main transportation solution at the moment so all kinds of sh*t will ensue if it was off the road.
So it's worth the effort, but I wouldn't worry too much (well, I would, but I worry about everything) as you're doing your level best (well, you could change the oil every 1,000 miles but that would be mad) so if it does go tits-up it won't be because of something you did (even if your mrs insists it is)

Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

trem1 wrote:Yea I seen on facebook john had sold it to peter,didn't know if you knew so said nowt. Looks lovely in the pics and the deal allowed Sonia to get miss pug back so win win for all concerned

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

You have no idea how incredibly hard it was not to break the news on social media. I was kept quiet for weeks!
It's a long process, but she'll get there! Coil overs going on this weekend. :D
'Miss Pug' Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Petrol 'Family' Estate.
6th December 2011 - November 2014
24th January 2017 - Current (I bought her back!)