My 98 2.1TD Executive

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Re: My 98 2.1TD Executive

Post by HimBigChief »

Been a woodburner for the last 10 or 11 years Dogs. 8) Not lived anywhere with a mains gas supply for that long! Generally use anthracite, but gonna try to burn as much wood as possible and liberate as much as possible locally, which as I live in the middle of the biggest timber production forest in the UK should be pretty easy! :supafrisk:
Image Image
'98 2.1TD Executive Daily Drive........................................'94 309 Goodwood Project Car
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

Well, engine back together and everything seems alright, except for the fact that I can't get the immobiliser disabled.

On another note, if I do get the engine started and the car running again, I bid on a set of Goodridge brake pipes on eBay as a laugh and ended up being the only bidder so won a brand new pack of 406 hoses for 99p. Bargain! :cheesy:

Anyway, more of an update and pics (maybe) depending what happens with the engine, but progress will be reported.
Image Image
'98 2.1TD Executive Daily Drive........................................'94 309 Goodwood Project Car
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

I've pretty much lost interest in the car now, especially as I've now picked up a 97 Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDi Quattro as my daily drive. :( I've been after one for a while, and one came up locally one and very cheap too, so I couldn't really say no. To be fair, the Audi is a much better drive, although there are a few issues, I'm slowly working through them.

Seriously considering getting rid of the 406 as a whole if anyone fancies it... I know it's worth a damn site more as spares, but if anyone wants to give it a good home, then I will consider offers. TBH, it needs a windscreen and the immobiliser removed (could be done when doing a Bosch conversion to run WVO) and the bulbs that were robbed when the car was stuck at the garage, but I think that's pretty much it.
Image Image
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

Now breaking, see the post on the For Sale forum here.

Bit sad to be honest, but it has to go. I'm starting to get a bit agrieved with it just sat there as I just don't have the impedus to carry on with it anymore. Still, it has been a good 2 years of ownership and for what I paid for it I can't really complain. It certainly got me plenty of compliments over my ownership and was very reliable up until the last.
Image Image