Project All Smoke, No Poke :)

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
DiscoPol
Shiny New C5 2.2 Bi-turbo!

Re: Project All Smoke, No Poke :)

Post by DiscoPol »

Bailes1992 wrote:No thank you :P I think chrome looks tacky :lol:
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowu: :lol: :lol: :arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowu:

Im with you on this one Bailes,

I have spent the last 10 years de-chroming every car I've had,

but each to their own maybe some people like the late 70's early 80's look with added tack and kitsch value :P
Welly wrote:Well butter my arse!
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Tacky? Kitsch?? :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry:

It's funny how that works though isn't it? Why do different people like different things? I have no doubt whatsoever that my car is enhanced no end by the welton panel and bluey bling, it looks sooooo much better than before!! 8) (I still think the renault cast off is a bit chavtastic though :oops: )

Each to their own indeed! :lol:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Change the interior bits from silver to a greeny blue that matches the interior :)

Oh and the GF wanted me to post these pictures up for some reason :p
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Decided last night I wanted a shorter throw gearbox (after having ago at my mates Proton Compact GTi with a short shifter and I've been fancying some footwell lights for a while now. So armed with £11 I went to halfords and bought a pack of 4 5mm bright green LED's for £6.99 complete with holders and 12v resistors connected to about 1m of wiring per LED. Not bad really for the price. Actually saves me allot of work considering I was going to make them myself and still would come to about £5-6.
Firstly I got the haynes out and worked out which two wires going to the roof light was switched with the doors. Turns out, the first time I snipped the complete opposite 2 than I was supposed too :lol:
So I tried again after fixing my last mistake and Bingo got it right...
The wrong tweo cables...
So snipped near the top and insulated it...

Fitted two new ones, insulated them and put everything back.
It works :)

I then run some cable down the pillar and passed the drivers side footwell where I put some block connectors in, although at first I wasent sure weather I had enough :rolleyes:
Fitted and working :D

I then did the other side, and when I had a look in my ashtray IO had these left over :wall:

I then decided the easiest way to try get a little less throw in the gearstick would be to cut it...Out comes the hacksaw and 2 inches off the gearstick :lol:

Then I started organising my boot and strap[ping evertything down with bungee cords...

Of course my dog give me a hand...

Next job, hoover all the bits of wire and metal filings from the gearstick out of the interior :lol:
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Post by waue1978 »

That looks like a 7 seat boot to me.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

It is a 7 seat boot indeed :)
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I request a night-time pic of the awsome footwell illumination arrangements.....
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Not too impressed as the light from the LED's is very directed like a spot lamp. Need to find a way to defuse the light. If not I might get a green or white cathode.
Welly

Post by Welly »

Oh, and after all that work :(

I wanted to upgrade my footwells to LED but the Volvo won't like them :roll:
Cars in my care:
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Well I got a funny feeling this will be my last update. The car's fuel pumps weeping diesel, another CV boot has split and the CV joints worn and theres a rattle comming from the exhaust; after everything else thats gone wrong with the car, I've sort of had enough. My Old Man come off holiday and we had a talk about it and the plan is for me and Mum to swap cars within the next month or two and then there going to part ex Bernard for a new car for Mum and I can have the Focus :(
So Decided to give it a final spruce up before he goes.
Before...
The car was Clayed, machine polished with Autoglym Super Resin Polish, given a coat of Raceglaze 55 and after 3 hours given a wipedown with raceglaze clear mist detailer.

After...

Beading...

The interior...

And that's how it'l be leaving Minus the stereo and uprated speakers :(

One last thing though...
Welly

Post by Welly »

I think it's madness, sorry bailes but the problems you list are nothing really. Heck there's a guy on here yesterday selling a complete pump and piping set for 50 notes and CV boot/shafts can go on any car and they're cheap enough.

Your car is great for your age, hell if you buy another pump then crank it up like the 306 boys and you'll get 100bhp+ and loads more torque.

You can only really throw the towel in when it's rusting away before your eyes.

You'll chop it in, it'll go out to the motor trade and some tradesman will buy it and fill it with tools/ladders and be laughing (and benefiting from all your work thus far).

(not having a go like, it just seems a shame to me).
Cars in my care:
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

It's not the fact there is problems. It's the fact theres ALWAYS problems. Twice in 8 months I got the car running 100%... Then something else breaks :(
DiscoPol
Shiny New C5 2.2 Bi-turbo!

Post by DiscoPol »

Bailes1992 wrote:It's not the fact there is problems. It's the fact theres ALWAYS problems. Twice in 8 months I got the car running 100%... Then something else breaks :(
But Sam there will always be something breaking, its an older car, I know its your first and so you want it perfect but that way lies madness, honestly the things that are going wrong are just normal in any motor over a few years old, and even in some much much younger, I'm guessing you have your mind set on changing now and all we are doing here is just making noise but just listen to the olds we have all been where you are and we didn't listen either :wink:

Its a solid motor and "had it perfect twice in the last eight months" probably beats most of us on here hands down, hell mine is just chugging along slowly being destroyed by the roads out here, but she is running and she still gives good mileage back for the money, the fucos is a known quantity to you at the moment, but I can assure you when its yours you will start to find little niggles and breakages you hadn't noticed before.

I doubt any of us can change your mind, but it doesnt mean you have to stop posting, hell we even have a Mod who drives a bloody Vulva, so we arent exclusive in our membership to those of us with 406's. I for one have enjoyed your posts and interaction, dont go mate stick around and tell us about the fucos as you discover all the problems with that too.

I promise never to use the words "I told you so"

Polski
Welly wrote:Well butter my arse!
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Thing is, my Uncles 52 plate 406 is exactly the same :(
Yet my parents have had Ford Orions, Sieras, XR2's, XR2is, XR4x4's, ST24's, ST200's, ST220s etc etc etc and none of them have been as bad as my car's been, even when they were 9-10 years old!
Ontop of that I cannot trust my car. I've tried to make it to West Yorkshire and I made Birmingham and the driveshaft went, I drove back and fore Swindon and when I got back my engine was hanging out, I drove it to Bristol and my other driveshaft tarted getting noisy and I had to pull over and pump it with grease etc. I did 700miles in the Focus over 2 days and it never missed a beat and does better MPG than the 406!
The Focus is a no brainer for me.