Brake question

Shocks, springs, anything to do with the running gear

Moderator: Moderators

Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: Brake question

Post by Doggy »

scotty73 wrote:Oh and while you got the jack out find out what's clunking on my rear end.
Overweight wallet?

Kwikfit can sort that for you - that's why their, "Brake Technicians", have micometers, (measure wallet thickness, adjust bill to suit).
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

:arrowu: :lol: L.M.F.A.O :supafrisk: :arrowu:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Welsh 406oc members are banned from the big companies, it all started with Halfords in Merthyr when I went in for some camping gear... The nice young monkey helped me to the car with my nice new tent and saw the sticker and ran back in screaming fuckkkkkkk no Bailes has sent him pull the shutters.

I thought nothing of it until I went to the Kwik fit around the corner a week later and they had a photo of my car with a do not serve sign under it....I only wanted my tyre pressure checked. :evil:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Had the car done today turns out the new pads i put on before Easter were already shot so that's another 20 notes gone...abs ring, two disks and pads plus labour £104.... Drove it about 15 miles and I'm still getting some vibration under foot and the abs light now and then... Is that everything bedding in or a more sinister problem?

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Sounds wrong to me dude, I don't think it should be vibrating at all with new brakes. What make stuff did you use? I only ask 'cos I once bought "budget" discs and pads from sparesworld (many years ago on my Nova :oops: ) and they were worse than the ones I took off, so I took them straight back and changed them for something with a name for an extra few quid and they were fine. Since then I've only ever used good quality brake parts, Mintex was my manufacturer of choice on the 406.

You shouldn't be getting the ABS light at all either (unless you're standing on the anchors of course). May sound like a stupid question but is the ring fitting snugly? If the old one's been rattling around loose it may have worn the diameter of the housing down a bit so that the new one is able to move?
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

DaiRees wrote:Sounds wrong to me dude, I don't think it should be vibrating at all with new brakes. What make stuff did you use? I only ask 'cos I once bought "budget" discs and pads from sparesworld (many years ago on my Nova :oops: ) and they were worse than the ones I took off, so I took them straight back and changed them for something with a name for an extra few quid and they were fine. Since then I've only ever used good quality brake parts, Mintex was my manufacturer of choice on the 406.

You shouldn't be getting the ABS light at all either (unless you're standing on the anchors of course). May sound like a stupid question but is the ring fitting snugly? If the old one's been rattling around loose it may have worn the diameter of the housing down a bit so that the new one is able to move?
Mintex pads came off there and I'd say the same went back on, Discs are from the bay they were Eicher? I'll have to check the housing tomorrow... I'm only getting the vibration under foot when coming to a stop I'll have to pop over and you can have a drive.

DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

No probs mate, anytime.
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

DaiRees wrote:No probs mate, anytime.
I'm wondering if the spinning ring may have taken the sensor out with it? .... Briefly off topic... Fancy a few beers and some music down the crown tonight? 7.30pm ish. :lol:

DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

I believe that if the sensor was knackered you'd have a permanent ABS fault rather than an intermittent one.

Can't see it myself mate, audit tomorrow with still a list as long as your arm to get through. If the bloody network wasn't so slow loading the stuff I'm making up, sorry checking, I wouldn't be on here now :roll: . Thanks anyway! :(
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

No probs mate your a busy bee... Will get you down there jamming one month I'm sure. 8)

scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

DaiRees wrote:I believe that if the sensor was knackered you'd have a permanent ABS fault rather than an intermittent one.

(
Took it back earlier he put it on his snap on diag machine there were two faults, one for the near side front speed whatever it's called and one for the n/s/r so looks like I could have another shagged abs ring. :roll: